MoM Awards - Rnd 23 - Rangers (h)

MoM vs Rangers  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe a bit disappointing after our recent successes against them but still a fair few decent performers. Not sure who I'll go for but thought it was great to see Jacko back in the side and his movement was brilliant, just a shame we didn't have anyone who could pick out his runs.

Jody showed tonight what he's all about. His pass completion rate must have been in the high 90's and was head and shoulders (not literally) above Ferguson and Mendes.

Shouts to Jacko (fantastic control and movement), Craig and Hanlon. Caff and Ruti looked comfortable too.

Miller was my biggest disappointment though I'm starting to expect it from him now. His play in the final third is honking.

Liam for me. Gave us a drive and forward momentum from midfield that we could have done with more of from other players. He was desperately unlucky not to score in the first half.

Mentions to:

Derek Holmes who was winning everything in the air, Jacko who gave a really encouraging comeback performance, and Jody Morris.

I was a bit disappointed with Irvine and Millar down the right. Gary got forward ok but he kept checking onto his left foot to cross the ball and didn't really put in a good delivery all night. I'm not sure if it's a confidence thing with Millar at the moment but he seems reluctant to pick any sort of forward pass. It's different with Morris, he's anchoring the midfield and getting the ball to the guys like Craig and Millar, who are then expected to pick out the front men and break forward. Morris could do that, he did with Chelsea, but it's not his role.

I prefer Swankie on the right but thought he looked dangerous and still think we're a better side when Holmes is on the pitch. Last night we got more time on the ball than we usually get but in the hustle and bustle of the First Division, you need a big man up top IMO.

Andy Jackson for me. The boy has been deprived of first team football for months, had about 6 starts this season, then comes into the Rangers game and has a quality hour as our pace striker.

I agree. Jackson has overcome a lot to get back into the side and no doubt the nod from Del was a massive confidence boost to him when Samuel was also available. His movement and holding of the ball were fantastic. We lost something after he went off. I'm glad he's back and wouldn't be against him starting on Saturday ahead of Milne who could surely do with some time to let that injury heal.

... ahead of Milne who could surely do with some time to let that injury heal.

I'll get round to actually voting eventually but I didn't understand the logic behind bringing Savo on last night. The game was burst, so why risk injury when the league is the priority? If anything, he should've thrown Gartland on to get him a taste of the action.

I think Del is usually pretty good tictactically but not sure he called things right last night. First sub for me would have been Sheerin for Millar, in the hope that the Wiz could pick out some of the great runs Jackson was making. Only then should he have thought about Samuel for Jackson. I understand his logic behind the Hanlon move as he wasn't getting forward much (but was defending really well) and Craig would obviously push on more.

Jody for me, he's one of those guys that will always take the ball regardless of how tightly he's being marked, hardly wasted a ball all night.

Good performances from Jacko (should have scored though), Holmes, Irvine and Craig too.

I think Miller was somewhat limited in his contribution by his harsh early booking and because he was stuck playing a pretty defensive role.

Morris just shaded it for me infront of Craig.Have had my reservations about the wee chap in the past but he showed his worth last night.Controled things well and always willing and available.

A Falkirk supporter at work today said he and many others regret Craig leaving them and coming to us.

hanlons had a superb cross with his right foot at one point, which was something i thought swankie was missing as broadfoot just shoulder charged him anytime he got near the line.

craig for me over morris had bags full of passion shame he got skinned alive for the second goal but had two very good efforts on goal.