MoM Awards - Rnd 24 - Partick Thistle (a)

MoM vs Partick  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh the irony

Abused in another thread for denouncing Jody Morris, then told to watch him play by two people who don't go to the games

Shame on you both

Irvine was man of the match, he's improved a lot and is one of the most important players in the team

Oh the irony

Abused in another thread for denouncing Jody Morris, then told to watch him play by two people who don't go to the games

Shame on you both

Irvine was man of the match, he's improved a lot and is one of the most important players in the team

who are the 2 people that dont go to the games?

Oh the irony

Shame on you both

i do hope that wasnt aimed at me, if it is you are as ignorant as you sound

Thanks children for giving me all this extra work on a Sunday morning - please refrain from this pathetic name calling in future and please read the forum rules.:mad:

Apologies for the thread now looking a bit disjointed, but have tried to remove most of the nonsense and leave it readable.

If I have accidentally removed any sensible posts, again please accept my apologies.

I would like to point out that voting for MoM is for people who have actually seen the game whether by tv or actual attendance. Us overseas supporters....yes you can support a team from afar ; ) very much appreciate listening to fellow supporters views on the match. Voting on MoM without actually seeing the game seems silly to me ? Other opinions on this point are very welcome.

The apologies from Tranmere Saint for removing my post are very much accepted but Macarius please see sense in what I say. If the overwhelming feeling is that my opinion is shit, then tbh, I will still refrain from voting.

Was not at the game, but I'm giving Gary Irvine a vote since he's one of my favoured player and rarely gets any recognition or praise. He also headed a goal bound shot off the line today so have to give it to him. Good too see him getting some praise.

This is what prompted me to make comment and you TS for removing my post, read the rules ; )

Irvine already was getting my vote before that goal-line clearance.As someone said he had a great interception covering Hanlon in the first half,tackled well all day,then had a back post header almost from under the bar,with two jags looking to score.Mention for Caff,who was brilliant at reading the game,and covering for all the others when needed.

Was not at the game, but I'm giving Gary Irvine a vote since he's one of my favoured player and rarely gets any recognition or praise. He also headed a goal bound shot off the line today so have to give it to him. Good too see him getting some praise.

Saintee Brian Gate 2!

Irvine for me, he would of deserved it even without the goal line clearance. Maybe his 'dive' might have soured it, but you couldn't see it from where we were sitting and given some of the refs decisions I wouldn't be surprised if he got that one wrong as well.

Since Gary Irvine is winning the MOTM award by a clear distance. You can't say I'm wrong.

Sorry but we can!

How you think you can give a valid MOM vote to aplayer when you were not at the game defies belief! We had an issue a few years ago with folk (usually David Hannah fans) who would vote for their favourite player just to give them more points - regardless how they played.

Let's be quite clear about this: You can only vote for the MOM if you were at the game or (and I concede this reluctantly) you watched the WHOLE gamre on TV.

Have to say though, I admire your honesty!

Sorry but we can!

How you think you can give a valid MOM vote to aplayer when you were not at the game defies belief! We had an issue a few years ago with folk (usually David Hannah fans) who would vote for their favourite player just to give them more points - regardless how they played.

Let's be quite clear about this: You can only vote for the MOM if you were at the game or (and people voting for I concede this reluctantly) you watched the WHOLE gamre on TV.

Have to say though, I admire your honesty!

Mr Spoons, why do you have "reluctance" on people voting after watching the game on TV. I was extremely excited being able to vote on WAP after watching last years' semi f against Rangers. I would argue that you get a better view of the game on TV and probably see more of the action. Not meaning to be argumentative btw.

Mr Spoons, why do you have "reluctance" on people voting after watching the game on TV. I was extremely excited being able to vote on WAP after watching last years' semi f against Rangers. I would argue that you get a better view of the game on TV and probably see more of the action. Not meaning to be argumentative btw.
Agree and disagree. It is very easy to point out the man of the match if someone is having a stormer skinning players, scoring, goal scoring tackles etc. But quite often the man of the match could easily be the man blocking the runs, pulling a defender away from the ball etc the things that generally you dont see on the tv and only pick up in the after match analysis.

SingaporeSaint, Respect and completely understand your point! It's not often you will get to see a full Saints game on the telly and I can fully understand how estranged Saintees will enjoy joining in with the debate etc. So I suggest MOM awards only given by those at the game or who have watched a live game on telly. And that's all!

I wasnt that impressed with Gary irvine, sorry guys good header off the line but still is not the player he has been for us does not look confident

Vote for me went to rusty!!

The amount of times irvine covered rusty was ridiculous! Caff had a nightmare and it seemed at one point that our back line consisted of only one player.

How you can say you weren't impressed with him is beyond me