Radio Questions for The Manager?

soulfulsaint

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i missed this with work, did any of the questions on hear get covered? is there any kind of link?

I think you can listen again through this link.

Chris Brookmyre is on for the first hour and then Del is the focus in the second hour. Was a funny show and Del was a good sport. He was asked about a variety of things and spoke about both Jacko and Paul Sheerin.

He said he's looked far and wide for a left back but hasn't been able to identify anyone that wouldn't cost us a fair bit of money.

PS - It was Paul Kane that was sent off against Rangers, Stuart. John O'Neil was sent off in a Coca-Cola Cup tie against Celtic.

Never Realised, haha.

i was listning to the show. but i was half asleep and wana hear it again. however, as stated earlier its only the first hour thats on the website :(

Yes, I caught five minutes in the car and was looking forward to listening to Del tonight, Stuart can you get the second half added to the on-demand service?

No you're not. You dig a hole for yourself by challenging everyone's posts so everyone will challenge yours in return. If you do not wish to be challenged in a manner you'd expect, don't question everyone's posts

Not sure what point you're making here. If McInnes has lied to season ticket holders, I find that distasteful. Please note that I haven't heard, and cannot find the interview, so I have to trust Tranmere's version of events.

It is hardly confrontational to state that certain nameless individuals on this forum post nonsense and cannot back it up with facts or informed debate. When they are queried, they retort with bile and vitriol on an unrelated subject matter.

Equally, when I post something that such as Dev, Tranmere or Mainstand disagree with, they usually reply with a personal jibe, a sarcastic remark or they elect to discuss Del/Moon instead of the subject at hand.

I have no problem with anything I have posted being challenged. I'd prefer if it was challenged, rather than responded to in the manner we've seen recently. It is a poor show, that for all our members, there are but a handful who are capable of debate.

I mean for people to say that all we need is a thermostat linked to our USH, when we have a board containing self made tradesmen defies belief. When challenged there is no response. After Partick, how many folks slated the pitch? Nobody has yet responded to my comments asking them for an example of a bad run/bounce of the ball.

Jings, there was even a forumer who said that I always talk mince, then immediately said that Millar couldnae score for Morton!

I can cope with forumers hating me, calling me warped etc, but can't fathom why folk allow their personal opinion of me, to cloud their posts and opinions?

Not sure what point you're making here. If McInnes has lied to season ticket holders, I find that distasteful. Please note that I haven't heard, and cannot find the interview, so I have to trust Tranmere's version of events.

It is hardly confrontational to state that certain nameless individuals on this forum post nonsense and cannot back it up with facts or informed debate. When they are queried, they retort with bile and vitriol on an unrelated subject matter.

Equally, when I post something that such as Dev, Tranmere or Mainstand disagree with, they usually reply with a personal jibe, a sarcastic remark or they elect to discuss Del/Moon instead of the subject at hand.

I have no problem with anything I have posted being challenged. I'd prefer if it was challenged, rather than responded to in the manner we've seen recently. It is a poor show, that for all our members, there are but a handful who are capable of debate.

I mean for people to say that all we need is a thermostat linked to our USH, when we have a board containing self made tradesmen defies belief. When challenged there is no response. After Partick, how many folks slated the pitch? Nobody has yet responded to my comments asking them for an example of a bad run/bounce of the ball.

Jings, there was even a forumer who said that I always talk mince, then immediately said that Millar couldnae score for Morton!

I can cope with forumers hating me, calling me warped etc, but can't fathom why folk allow their personal opinion of me, to cloud their posts and opinions?

Keep saying your piece -thats what a forum is all about-personal views on chosen subjects.

Of course people will or will not disagree with some or all of your posts - but you have to accept that as well - you will never get everyone to agree with statements-personal attacks or attacks against the way St.Johnstone fc is run from day to day etc etc.........but they either made that decision or it was taken out of their hands and they have already issued a "statement" outlining the way that they saw the "incident"....truth is (or maybe it isnt) is that the game was cancelled and a lot of people were put out because of it......fighting or looking for excuses or folk aint going to change the FACT ( i think) that the game wasnt played but will be at a later date.

all im saying is that it would not be hard to put a frost stat into the system, all it is is an automatic switch that comes on when the temperature drops to a certain degree

in theory it is very simple to do this but how hard it is in reality would depend on the where abouts of the supply for the ush is and how much it would cost for this which could vary

hope that helps

this i know because i am a fully qualified electrician

btw a frost stat is used for colder temperatures than usual, in general thermostats are used for houses

all im saying is that it would not be hard to put a frost stat into the system, all it is is an automatic switch that comes on when the temperature drops to a certain degree

in theory it is very simple to do this but how hard it is in reality would depend on the where abouts of the supply for the ush is and how much it would cost for this which could vary

hope that helps

this i know because i am a fully qualified electrician

btw a frost stat is used for colder temperatures than usual, in general thermostats are used for houses

But it would have to be predictive. Say for example that on Friday night at 1700 the temperature was 5C and at 2000 it was -3C. At what temperature would the heating come on? If it always came on at 5 degrees the pitch would be gubbed and if it only came on at zero or lower, the heat up time would most likely render the UHS useless.

Trust me, if it was that simple it would have been fitted years ago. Despite the intonations of some forumers, our board of directors are very clued up people in all areas of football and business. If you are in any doubt, ask a shareholder!

it can be set for whatever temperature you want it to come on at, they are variable, frost stats are mainly used in bigger buildings to protect the water pipes, when the temperature drops on comes the heating preventing the pipes from freezing and breaking

for example, should the temperature hit 0 then it will come on, as soon as it goes above 0 it goes back off again ensuring the pitches safety and the game goes ahead as planned

trust me, it is that simple believe it or not, i have installed these stats before

it can be set for whatever temperature you want it to come on at, they are variable, frost stats are mainly used in bigger buildings to protect the water pipes, when the temperature drops on comes the heating preventing the pipes from freezing and breaking

for example, should the temperature hit 0 then it will come on, as soon as it goes above 0 it goes back off again ensuring the pitches safety and the game goes ahead as planned

trust me, it is that simple believe it or not, i have installed these stats before

But you're ignoring the time required to heat the water. It takes hours to heat and the temperature here can drop 10C in five hours! You can't keep the water hot or it scunners the grass nor can the water temperature be increased for the same reason.

EDIT: I believe it can take 48 hours to heat up

i do not believe it takes 48 hours to heat up, i think that may be the case if the ground is already frozen and it would take around that time for the pitch to be ok

how often does the temperature drop that quick? that would be in an extreme case i think?

i cant believe the system would be so inefficient that it takes 48 hours to heat up, that would be a waste of money imo