Wasted Journey

lossiesaint

Just arrived in Perth from Lossiemouth to find out that the game has been postponed... thats a 5 hour round trip and a tank of petrol....WTF???

Do we not have under soil heating at the park... are they too stingy to stick it on??? I am pretty hacked off that I have come all this way for nothing. Come on Saints... whats going on!!!!

Has anyone else travelled for nothing?

Just arrived in Perth from Lossiemouth to find out that the game has been postponed... thats a 5 hour round trip and a tank of petrol....WTF???

Do we not have under soil heating at the park... are they too stingy to stick it on??? I am pretty hacked off that I have come all this way for nothing. Come on Saints... whats going on!!!!

One of my mates came down from Sneck and is going to Aberdeen "after the game"

Lucky white heather!

Yes its unfortunate, but surely every football fan across Scotland, who has to travel to games, does so with the risk of the game being called off. This risk is only enhanced during the winter months.

would you expect a game on an undersoil heated pitch to go ahead when the weather isnt too bad.. had it been worse, i would not have made the journey... as normally when the weather is really bad, the A9 is shut!

Pretty pooor performance from Saints if you ask me...

You have my sympathies Lossie!

Its just one of these things I suppose, Im not sure if more could have been done by the club cos I dont know the facts so Im not going to have a go at them. We'll just have to see the outcome this has on the season. Might benefit Dunfermiline, might not?

Just off to take my Mum shopping and then twiddle my thumbs I guess!

I travelled from Glasgow not exactly for nothing as I visited relatives but wouldn't have gone today without the game.

Wife just seen some Dunfy fans parking in our street and they had no idea the game was off and when she went past McD there was a steady steam of cars heading out.

I'd would have assumed radio tay or bbc scotland might have mentioned something?

I phoned the club late on this morning to double check and they never mentioned the pitch inspection!!

Wife just seen some Dunfy fans parking in our street and they had no idea the game was off and when she went past McD there was a steady steam of cars heading out.

I'd would have assumed radio tay or bbc scotland might have mentioned something?

I phoned the club late on this morning to double check and they never mentioned the pitch inspection!!

My mum phoned me to say it had been on Radio Tay, and that was about 12.45 pm.

The club may'be should have told Kingdom FM as well.:)

Heard on Radio Scotland when passing Bruar so A9 u-turn and headed home! This game was such a big one that the club should have made an exception and turned the heating on just to be sure. Would not have expected them to do so for any other fixture but this was a big one and a money spinner and therefore take no chances. Poor decision by the club and they will lose a great deal of cash - the rearranged fixture could be 2000-2500 down on this one.:mad:

I left home just after 1pm today intending to have a beer in the 208 and then go to the game. I switched on the radio at five past one. I was travelling up the Crieff Road perhaps thirty minutes later when it was announced on Radio Scotland that the game was off. I went to McDiarmid to find out when the game had been called off and why. The problem seemed to be one of the corners had not thawed out enough. I was told that the game was called off just after one o”clock.

A 35-mile round-trip (and most of the afternoon) wasted.

I’m not sure who to be most annoyed at:

The club; for failing to ensure that the game went ahead.

The club/referee or other responsible individuals for failing to identify a possible problem with the pitch at an earlier stage.

Myself, for being so stupid as to not even consider the possibility of the match being off, the temperature during the night being no worse than two or three degrees below freezing.

This is, I understand, well within the operating capacity of the undersoil heating, if it was indeed used at all. Had the temperature been very low during the night then I would probably have checked that the game was on before leaving home.

If the undersoil heating was not used, which I hope was not the case, then the club have taken a huge gamble and lost, not only in the financial sense but also in terms of a PR own-goal.

Just a small add-on. Reading some of the other posts about this, I don’t get a sense of everyone being really annoyed. Perhaps I’m just being over-sensitive. Mind you, I’ve been on night-shift this week and I had to wake myself up to go to the game.

This is a real shocker. I had been out and when i came home about half 3 i went straight to Gillette Soccer Saturday and couldnt believe it when i saw P-P next to the game. I had been listening to Clyde 1 from 2.45 and they didnt mention it but i just put that down to there being no goals. I really cant believe how a club with under soil heating can have a game called of due to frozen pitch. I struggle to remember when this last happend at Mcd.

am in germany was could not go the the game anyway and its not a he am she

got a text from my brother to say the ame was off hope to be back in perth to see the saints soon

oops, sorry lass! I'm sure one of our germany based fans was making the trip. Darn....another senior moment...where's ma zimmer.

:oops: