#25 - 31/01/08 - Greenock Morton (a)

perth_saintee12

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy ran his arse off when he came on. I cannot undestand how anyone can claim he was apathetic?

There's just as many games that he doesn't bother at all, I'm sure someone will be along to tell you about the Dundee game shortly. When he signed I remember Del emphasising what a different type of player he was to Jase, i.e. he'll run all day but not be as prolific. Well so far he seems to try when he feels like it and only score against Ross County. Start him next week!

Sammy ran his arse off when he came on. I cannot undestand how anyone can claim he was apathetic?

He didn't fight for the ball. He sprinted for a number of long balls but when he reached his destination he had no determination to get the ball. The things the guy does in training, would stagger you. His strength is immense, yet he can't be bothered to use it.

If you were at Dens you would have witnessed the most apathetic cameo ever offered by a Saints player.

Did you see him asking for a better ball yesterday? Jacko was bitching and moaning, against Gers and Jags, about the quality of ball he was receiving; that shows a hunger that Sammy has only ever shown in glimpses such as EEP and the Maryhill Massacre.

There's just as many games that he doesn't bother at all, I'm sure someone will be along to tell you about the Dundee game shortly. When he signed I remember Del emphasising what a different type of player he was to Jase, i.e. he'll run all day but not be as prolific. Well so far he seems to try when he feels like it and only score against Ross County. Start him next week!

Quit supporting my posts/thoughts, you'll get a bad reputation and nasty PMs!

He didn't fight for the ball. He sprinted for a number of long balls but when he reached his destination he had no determination to get the ball. The things the guy does in training, would stagger you. His strength is immense, yet he can't be bothered to use it.

If you were at Dens you would have witnessed the most apathetic cameo ever offered by a Saints player.

Did you see him asking for a better ball yesterday? Jacko was bitching and moaning, against Gers and Jags, about the quality of ball he was receiving; that shows a hunger that Sammy has only ever shown in glimpses such as EEP and the Maryhill Massacre.

I was at Dens and yes I admit he looked off the pace that day. Just because he doesn't run for lost causes like Savo does doesn' mean he is lazy. Scotland was labelled lazy too but that's because he had a decent footballing brain and knows when to run.

I was at Dens and yes I admit he looked off the pace that day. Just because he doesn't run for lost causes like Savo does doesn' mean he is lazy. Scotland was labelled lazy too but that's because he had a decent footballing brain and knows when to run.

You can't compare him to Jase because they are completely different players. Samuel is not an in the box striker like Jason, he doesn't take up those positions.

Jason contributed to the team by scoring goals. What's Sammy contributing? Not much.

i liked the 532 we played, thought we controlled the game for most parts of it and i thought we looked more dangerous, think it is time homer was benched and we start sammy and jacko

we could of done with someone being in between midfield and the strikers instead of a flat 3 in midfield

cant belive some fans at the match, we dont have to play the game at a hunner miles an hour, keeping the ball and pickin our passes will do us much more than getting it forward asap, i mean the back 3 and the midfield would pass it between them keeping the ball and some people scream to get it forward, the team has to be patient and start passing the ball more, when we pass the way we can, we can rip teams to shreds

I agree mate! How can we knock the guy and say he isnt producing when A)the service is not good enough and B) the guy isnt getting a chance from the start. Its so frustrating because this guy could be the answer to our problems. He has all the attributes to absolutley bang them in, in this division.

START SAMMY APPEAL! ........ SIGN HERE.... Although i dont expect much support! haha

I Will Support It!

You can't compare him to Jase because they are completely different players. Samuel is not an in the box striker like Jason, he doesn't take up those positions.

Jason contributed to the team by scoring goals. What's Sammy contributing? Not much.

You cant compare the two of them full stop. The only thing they have in common is the colour of their skin and the country they were born in. All i am saying is give Samuel a bloody start. He cant do any worse. All of our strikers have something to offer the team and the club but for goodness sake when its not working up front and you have someone of Samuel's pace, skill, strength and talent on the bench why not at least give him a bloody run in the team. Surely Del saw something in him to sign him in the first place. My ideal line up would include Savo, Homer, Samuel and Jackson but that is impossible so now that Homer has been misfiring for weeks, Savo is injured and Jackson is just coming back to fitness and we have only scored FOUR GOALS IN EIGHT GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bring on county, hopefully they will offer somthing to the match unlike morton.

bizzar the only decision the linesman got correct all second half was that the foul was outside the box, which it clearly was as i was seated in line with it and me and my mate both started celebrating a penalty that we both said was not one.

the handball was terrible but no saints players appealed for it at all.

top of the league, 2 games over second place.

bring on the county.

jacko and sammy up front please, if milne is injured.

Irvine was brought down outside the box and Jody dived. However, I felt you should have had a penalty when Walker diverted a cross out for a corner with his arm.

Some of you lot should be ashamed of yourselves. An old dear was struggling to get down the stairs and it took the lone Jag to help her. ;-)

hav you gave up watchin your mob?:)

I've given up on away games. I'll watch Cumbernauld United if they're at home when Thistle are on their travels. It just so happens I took the opportunity to spend some time with a friend.

Strange place to spend time with a friend.With the pile of shit that was on show yesterday it must have been like getting together in a public toilet.

just face it Saints ya Bass....your hooked:wink: