#26 - 07/02/09 - Ross County (a)

Firstly, will this match even go ahead??? The weather forecast aint to good for the start of the week and the BBC are forecasting HEAVY snow showers in Dingwall area on Thursday..

If it does go ahead, what's the chances of yet another borefest snorefest?????

We need to score some ****ing goals although I would bite yer hand of for a 1-0 saints... Countys home form is hit and miss. Won 5 lost 4 with no draws..( every chance we'll ruin that statistic for them). I really enjoy going up there and apart from the actual game, I'm very much looking forward to it.

I have no idea what formation our esteemed manager is going to employ and which personel he will use, but I like a few others would like to see Holmes rested and a more sure footed and sliky attacking force being used. With the only other game being the Administration is us league clash between the Financial challenged and the great unwashed, we have yet another chance to pull away at the top (if and it's a big ****ing if, we can beat County)....

16 unbeaten so far, we might even get to 30 unbeaten by the end of the season, but if we do and continue playing the way we have been, there will be no-one awake to witness it...So come on McInnes, lets stop being quite so cautious and murder a team...or at least look like we might murder a team( as I said a 1-0 murdering will do if it has to)..

Saints are top of the league. Why does it not feel brilliant???? Maybe I'm just a miserable cnut.

Team wise....who knows......

Main

Irvine, Rusty, Caff, Ando

Swankie, Millar, Sheerin, Craig

Samuel, Jackson

Subs.. Mclean, Morris, Holmes, Gartland, McDonald.

Injured....Savo??????? Mooner????????

Not selected....Hardie, James ( neither match fit)

Discuss and disect...

--------------------

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to get slated for this but maybe the one thing we need is a...defeat? :?? Would take all the pressure off of trying to keep the unbeaten run going. I think we are to scared to lose and therefore dont throw caution to the wind nearly enough.

A game like this where we are not expecting to win, and our main title rivals (probably Thistle and Dunfermline but who knows) dont have a game, may be the perfect time to lose. It sounds daft but it may give the team the necessary kick up the a*se that they need to go on and win the league.

I'm going to get slated for this but maybe the one thing we need is a...defeat? :?? Would take all the pressure off of trying to keep the unbeaten run going. I think we are to scared to lose and therefore dont throw caution to the wind nearly enough.

A game like this where we are not expecting to win, and our main title rivals (probably Thistle and Dunfermline but who knows) dont have a game, may be the perfect time to lose. It sounds daft but it may give the team the necessary kick up the a*se that they need to go on and win the league.

It is daft:laugh: but I see where your coming from...And I am expecting to win..We have the personel to remain unbeaten but I hope the boss shuffles ( tweeks) it a bit. Dropping a couple of players could be as good a kick up the arse as losing

Firstly, will this match even go ahead??? The weather forecast aint to good for the start of the week and the BBC are forecasting HEAVY snow showers in Dingwall area on Thursday..

If it does go ahead, what's the chances of yet another borefest snorefest?????

We need to score some ****ing goals although I would bite yer hand of for a 1-0 saints... Countys home form is hit and miss. Won 5 lost 4 with no draws..( every chance we'll ruin that statistic for them). I really enjoy going up there and apart from the actual game, I'm very much looking forward to it.

I have no idea what formation our esteemed manager is going to employ and which personel he will use, but I like a few others would like to see Holmes rested and a more sure footed and sliky attacking force being used. With the only other game being the Administration is us league clash between the Financial challenged and the great unwashed, we have yet another chance to pull away at the top (if and it's a big ****ing if, we can beat County)....

16 unbeaten so far, we might even get to 30 unbeaten by the end of the season, but if we do and continue playing the way we have been, there will be no-one awake to witness it...So come on McInnes, lets stop being quite so cautious and murder a team...or at least look like we might murder a team( as I said a 1-0 murdering will do if it has to)..

Saints are top of the league. Why does it not feel brilliant???? Maybe I'm just a miserable cnut.

Team wise....who knows......

Main

Irvine, Rusty, Caff, Ando

Swankie, Millar, Sheerin, Craig

Samuel, Jackson

Subs.. Mclean, Morris, Holmes, Gartland, McDonald.

Injured....Savo??????? Mooner????????

Not selected....Hardie, James ( neither match fit)

Discuss and disect...

--------------------

To be honest i dont wanna travel the crack of 130 miles to witness ANOTHER 0-0 snorefest. On the view i feel we do need to lose as stupid as it sounds as we appear to be too focused on maintaining this undefeated streak, we have not scored in the league this year, nor have we conceded this year. We dominated yesterday but apart from homers 2 chances we created **** all.

If the game would not go ahead it will have to get replayed midweek most likely a tuesday which will be a pain in the ass.

My team for this game would be.....

Main (Legend!!)

Irvine Caff Ruti Gartland

Sheerin Morris Craig Swankie

Homer Sammy

Subs: McLean, Miller, Jackson, Ando, Savo.

To be honest i dont wanna travel the crack of 130 miles to witness ANOTHER 0-0 snorefest. On the view i feel we do need to lose as stupid as it sounds as we appear to be too focused on maintaining this undefeated streak, we have not scored in the league this year, nor have we conceded this year. We dominated yesterday but apart from homers 2 chances we created **** all.

If the game would not go ahead it will have to get replayed midweek most likely a tuesday which will be a pain in the ass.

My team for this game would be.....

Main (Legend!!)

Irvine Caff Ruti Gartland

Sheerin Morris Craig Swankie

Homer Sammy

Subs: McLean, Miller, Jackson, Ando, Savo.

unless we have signed a left back I think he'll keep with the 3 at the back, Would possibly move Sheerin to play as the wing back and move liam in 1. I would try and go for Jackson with Samuels up front. with the aim of bringing homer on later in the game.

I liked the way we played particularly second half v Morton all but for the lack of a goal. I wouldn't be changing much except for upfront. I'd try two different guys in there and it could hopefully have an impact...

Main

Rusty Caff Garters

Irvine Millar Morris Sheerin Craig

Jacko Sammy

Subs - McLean, Ando, Moon, Peaso, Holmer.

Edited- Geez, Singapore I never looked at your post. That's spooky! Maybe we're both right about the line-up then! Even down to the subs!

I liked the way we played particularly second half v Morton all but for the lack of a goal. I wouldn't be changing much except for upfront. I'd try two different guys in there and it could hopefully have an impact...

Main

Rusty Caff Garters

Irvine Millar Morris Sheerin Craig

Jacko Sammy

Subs - McLean, Ando, Moon, Peaso, Holmer.

Edited- Geez, Singapore I never looked at your post. That's spooky! Maybe we're both right about the line-up then! Even down to the subs!

Pants, Good to see that you have an eye for a good team !

Defeat???? Nope, what we need is a win. My mate watched County at Livingston on Saturday and said they were mince. They only got back into the game 'cos Livi wnet to sleep. An away win for me!!

I'm going to get slated for this but maybe the one thing we need is a...defeat? :??

I can see where you're coming from and thought the same myself a few weeks back. A defeat to Ross County on 3rd Jan had the game gone ahead would've been the perfect time for it to happen.

A win in this game, if it goes ahead, could be the one that helps us win the league. The big task for Del is to not let the lack of goals recently affect the strikers' morale. A win, even if the ball goes in off Sammy's bum, would give the team a huge boost of confidence and set us up for the run in for the title.

Not bad really that we're still picking up points when we're going through a bad patch. Things will get better once we start hitting the back of the net again. If we win this one then I can see us scoring a few against Dunfermline :D