#26 - 07/02/09 - Ross County (a)

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyron Daal is rubbish. The only attribute he has is pace and even then it works against him in that he ran too early every time and was flagged offside almost every time he moved forward. He should've given up on the football dream long ago and been a sprinter.

Strength, balance, aggression, determination, finishing, heading. He has scored 6 goals this year, often playing a lone striker role and not starting all that many games. His goals/minute will likely be one of the best in the league.

Strength, balance, aggression, determination, finishing, heading. He has scored 6 goals this year, often playing a lone striker role and not starting all that many games. His goals/minute will likely be one of the best in the league.

I don't follow Dyron that closely why has he not started that many games - is it a niggling injury? Or is the same reason he didn't start that many games for Abrdeen, Dundee and St Johnstone? Cruciate duddery?

101, you seem to have lost your specs over the past week! I don't always agree with you but can usually understand where you are coming from but not with the points made in this thread.

Daal is terrible. He spent most of the game offside and other than that his main contribution was hounding our defenders when they had the ball. He could easily have been sent off yesterday for the number of fouls he gave away, especially when you consider what Millar was booked for. On that subject, he seems to be the unluckiest player going in terms of bookings, he picks them up for the softest of challenges. I have a feeling yesterday might have earned him a suspension though. Of course Daal won some headers being the height he is and to be fair to him did well in the build up to their opener but I thought our defenders handled him fine and struggled more with the two runners, certainly in the first half.

Last week, you were critical of Gartland and I thought he had a good game up against a very good striker. Yesterday I thought he was poor and was the right choice to hook at half time. Perfectly prepared to accept he is short of match practice though and the formation hindered us. Saw enough at Morton to think he'll be a decent player for us.

Not only did we score twice yesterday but we created plenty of chances, which is what we've all been asking for. Again, there were plenty of positives to take from yesterdy for me.

Daal is terrible. He spent most of the game offside and other than that his main contribution was hounding our defenders when they had the ball. He could easily have been sent off yesterday for the number of fouls he gave away, especially when you consider what Millar was booked for.

Hounding defenders is a skill. If he didn't run with Craig, we probably wouldn't have conceded the second goal. Every set play in the first half was headed to Keddie and Daal got the end of the knock down with clever running and timing. He really exposed Caff.

At the end of the day, his job is to score goals and his record speaks for itself, arguably the best goal/minute in the league.

As for Garters, I felt that his colleagues errors left him exposed. Ando knows the weaknesses of Caff/Rusty and thus can cover up their howlers, Garters has yet to gain that understanding. I was primarily critical of his heading which was much improved yesterday. I fully agree that he is ring rusty.

Interesting match report in the Sunday Mail, which fails to mention any disallowed goals!

A shocking report but we should not be surprised. No mention of a couple of good penalty claims either..Looks like they just phoned up some local and asked for the times of the goals and then padded it out a very little bit..

RUBBISH!!!

we should go for it more often with swankie and sammy on the wings, county couldnt handle us in the 2nd half and we certainly could have won this, we should be less cautious and play with power pace and precision like we can, we played good football in the 2nd half

what was alan main getting called a racist for? he didnt look too happy

Hounding defenders is a skill. If he didn't run with Craig, we probably wouldn't have conceded the second goal. Every set play in the first half was headed to Keddie and Daal got the end of the knock down with clever running and timing. He really exposed Caff.

At the end of the day, his job is to score goals and his record speaks for itself, arguably the best goal/minute in the league.

Hounding is a limited skill, I could do it, you could do it or Ghostie could do it. I don't think he exposed Caff whatsoever bar a good run that won the FK in the build up to the opener. You were a big critic (rightly IMO) of Daal during his time with Saints and I think that opinion was the correct one. Even the County fans seem to be getting fed up with him. I don't think his goals/minute ratio will be anywhere near the best in the league. I don't have the inclination to do all the players but according to Sportbox.tv he's scored 3 league goals in over 996 minutes of football! A goal every 3.68 games.

I'll say it again - his only attribute is pace and even then, our central defenders did not struggle that much to deal with him despite their reasonably limited pace in comparison. A striker incapable of remaining onside is not an asset to any team. He is not a good footballer.

Hounding is a limited skill, I could do it, you could do it or Ghostie could do it. I don't think he exposed Caff whatsoever bar a good run that won the FK in the build up to the opener. You were a big critic (rightly IMO) of Daal during his time with Saints and I think that opinion was the correct one. Even the County fans seem to be getting fed up with him. I don't think his goals/minute ratio will be anywhere near the best in the league. I don't have the inclination to do all the players but according to Sportbox.tv he's scored 3 league goals in over 996 minutes of football! A goal every 3.68 games.

He didn't play well for us. He was dynamite in our Forfarshire Cup Final victory and wonderful against Clyde at Braodwood, other than that he was poor. Having said that Sandy and Owen both really believed in him and he was playing in a very poor team. We even had that diddy McInnes playing in centre midfield!

He's scored 6 goals this year, often as a lone striker. His heading, pace and strength partially compensate for his lack of latent skill. His goalscoring record for the Scum was very impressive.

The County fan in my car is happy with him but his comments on Mr J Stewart Esq are somewhat negative...

No Curier or Jackson, but a reasonable standard of player at this level who caused us too many problems.

He didn't play well for us. He was dynamite in our Forfarshire Cup Final victory and wonderful against Clyde at Braodwood, other than that he was poor. Having said that Sandy and Owen both really believed in him and he was playing in a very poor team. We even had that diddy McInnes playing in centre midfield!

He was good at Broadwood? He was playing in a poor team?

He's scored 6 goals this year, often as a lone striker. His heading, pace and strength partially compensate for his lack of latent skill. His goalscoring record for the Scum was very impressive.

The County fan in my car is happy with him but his comments on Mr J Stewart Esq are somewhat negative...

No Curier or Jackson, but a reasonable standard of player at this level who caused us too many problems.

Who gives a FECK!

The problem with the 3 5 2 was not the defenders but craig was not dropping back as much as irvine was. it was clear to see last week. when craig is left back he is a lot better at playing defence but it did not work the same for a wing back. Irvine managed with the job last week but it never worked at county and del switched it and we got a point and unlucky not to get three.

Jody Morris' triple goal line clearing headers were top notch, as was Swankie's cross for the goal. I think he needs to be given a chance to shine and prove his worth as he could be a great player for us.

Dyron Daal is a horse.

Really thought we were going to continue on and win that match after we got the 2nd. Need to get back on track with a win over Livi on Saturday as the chasing pack are right behind us and may well over take us unless we start taking chances and killing games off.

Ancientsaint, got your number :wink: