#27 - 14/02/09 - Livingston (h)

sjfc.spl.09-10

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superb? He done nothin apart from 1 pass to sammy, if that's superb i'm dreading a poor performance

Aye, Aye mate. We all see games and players performances in different lights, but for me Chrissy boy was instrumental in the 2nd half today, put in some shift, all over the place. Lets not forget, about 100% of this forum was drooling over him at the start of the season, he is not a bad player overnight, i agree he has not been great lately, apart from today, but he will prove his worth.

It wasn't hard to stand out at the start of the season, he hasn't gone bad over night, his form has slipped over period of time and tbh I don't think body and millar are a good midfield combo, I think it has to be 1 or the other or del has to change their instructions

It wasn't hard to stand out at the start of the season, he hasn't gone bad over night, his form has slipped over period of time and tbh I don't think body and millar are a good midfield combo, I think it has to be 1 or the other or del has to change their instructions

They are a good enough midfield combo to have provided us with our best unbeaten run in years. True, we werent too great at the start of the season, but Millar in my opinion was our best player up until Christmas, its normal that a player will have a dip in form. Keep the faith.

I was disgusted by the fans today. I'm not sure how you expect someone to play when he's getting dogs abuse from the first minute. When receiving the ball he was getting hell before he even took his touch. I admit he's his own worst enemy because he lets his head go down but the fans should try getting behind the players and SUPPORT the team. At least today we seen that Del is a good man manager. Clapping swankie off the pitch was a good gesture.

On the game we were lucky. Caff was class. Sammy got us out of jail.

thought millar was ok today and on a different planet to swankie, and at least he trys!!!! swankie on the other hand????

aye, but he didnt do much, he brought little to us today

what is millars role in the team? i thought he was meant to be getting forward making the late runs, that kind of thing but to me he is too much alike morris except morris is better

aye, but he didnt do much, he brought little to us today

what is millars role in the team? i thought he was meant to be getting forward making the late runs, that kind of thing but to me he is too much alike morris except morris is better

have to dissaggree i thought he did that in the second half,and he set up the goal... good night!!!:)

I was disgusted by the fans today. I'm not sure how you expect someone to play when he's getting dogs abuse from the first minute. When receiving the ball he was getting hell before he even took his touch. I admit he's his own worst enemy because he lets his head go down but the fans should try getting behind the players and SUPPORT the team. At least today we seen that Del is a good man manager. Clapping swankie off the pitch was a good gesture.

On the game we were lucky. Caff was class. Sammy got us out of jail.

Oh the indignation....It's all the fans fault....:roll::rolleyes:

I was disgusted by a professional footballer today. Yeah playing badly happens and you accept that. Bottling tackles on the other hand is simply unacceptable, especially when there 60/40 in your favour. It's a two way thing support you know. Show some balls and I'm sure you'll get better support.....

What is millar bringing to the team at the minute, when did he last have a good game?

Thank you, someone else who noticed he got away with doing nothing till he swung in the ball for sammy. swankie is getting so much flack but at least he had the ball millar was posted missing!

Also I saw someone else criticise main, what? clean sheet, plenty good balls from the back one missed one cross got everything else mopped up.

Hardie was on for 8 minutes and people are hailing him as a saviour for breaking up play??? that how bad the team was then? Hardie won the ball back once but never had any time to make any of an impact. he has about the same level of pace left as sheerin but sadly not as much skill.

Craig needs to get back to midfield he is wasted as a left back and is getting exposed for it. stick one of our defenders at left back and get craig back up the pitch creating stuff.

Thank you, someone else who noticed he got away with doing nothing till he swung in the ball for sammy. swankie is getting so much flack but at least he had the ball millar was posted missing!

Hardie was on for 8 minutes and people are hailing him as a saviour for breaking up play??? that how bad the team was then? Hardie won the ball back once but never had any time to make any of an impact. he has about the same level of pace left as sheerin but sadly not as much skill.

agree with that, hardie was anonymous when he came on but he has been out for quite a while, why wasnt moon on? injured?

Oh the indignation....It's all the fans fault....:roll::rolleyes:

Ghostie that sounds like your saying "Oh the indignation .... It's none of the fans fault" :laugh:

I think Swankie personally is a wide forward in a 4-3-3 and of course that means when we lose the ball he is a blocker of space not so much a defending/midfield tackler. Yes he lost out a few challenges but that's not the main bit of his game. He is a receiver and creative offensive player but looked as if he lost confidence as the stressed out fans passed their stress onto the field, after all we've not lost in 18 games ...... oh terrible! He really has to show strength and be a bit arrogant and just ignore the fans, many who have paid to get in and be greetin faced bawheeds (totally legal). By the way I never noticed John Connolly or Alan Moore or Henry Hall or Miguel Simao or Jimmy Johnstone or Eddie Gray or Davie Cooper or Pat Nevin etc. making lots of tackles. Why? because that wasn't their primary role and if it came to a collision with another player (defender/midfielder they normally lost out. You have to ask yourself is there any place left for that type of player today. Ronaldo doesn't tackle much either I suppose. Anyway after a few thoughts here are two teams you might prefer for next week -

Team 1

Main, McCaffrey, Anderson, Rutkiewicz, Irvine ,Samuel, Craig, Hardie, Millar, Peaso, Milne

Team 2

Main, Irvine, Anderson, McCaffrey, Craig, Millar, Hardie, Sheerin, Jackson, Holmes, Milne

A lot better teams!

St.Johnstone have had three defeats this season, fantastic by all accounts. However these two teams above were the teams in two of these defeats. Team 1 was thrashed by Partick Thistle 4-0 (our biggest defeat of the season) and Team 2 was embarrassingly beaten at home by Clyde. The 3rd defeat was 3-0 by Dunfermline at home and Swankie was on until it was 1-0 down, so it got worse after he went off. In other words Swankie has only been involved in one league defeat this season and even then he was taken off at half-time when 1-0 down. He came back on the 13th Sept. and in his next six games involvement he was in six wins, the start of our long run. He has been part of that long unbeaten run as a starter or on the bench.

Jings, some amount of keich on this forum last night. This nonsense of "I pay his wages, so I'll shout what I want" is just bollocks. It causes me to ponder how many of these forumers are successful managers in some capacity.

It is feasible that this club could have operated (from a financial aspect) fan-free over the last two financial years! The moral of the story, let's not argue over our entitlement to abuse players, let's debate what good it actually does.

I've been forced to listen to a monologue about my failings. The gaffer was right, I wasn't very good at my job, but my performance deteriorated following these outbursts.

If folks on here decide, pre-match, to abuse Player X what reaction do they expect or want? Do they genuinely think that player will play to his full capacity? Do they want the player to maximise their potential?

No fully-adjusted adult could ever imagine that abusing a player will cause him to perform better. Look at EEP, we encouraged a struggling team to victory, yet we did the opposite with Swanks yesterday.

The mentality of the guys I heard abusing Swankie was limited - at best. Perhaps they are low on self-confidence and want to see the guy fail, in order to win a pub-debate. Perhaps they want him to fail because, he's young, athletic, reasonably good-looking, drives a smart car and earns half-decent money?

If a group of folks genuinely feel that he has no place at this club, please arrange to meet the manager and discuss your feelings. Don't spoil the reputation of the club. The Livi players must have taken some boost from our fans, go away and look up "supporter" in a dictionary.

I reiterate that I think he's a talented dud. I'm not defending his play.

Look stop getting on the players back were top of the league 7 points clear and we can only pick up on the negatives?

if we are to win the league we have to encourage players, yes swankie was utter balls today but some of the abuse he was getting was really uncalled for.

everyone makes mistakes its about bouncing back and being stronger than before

We Are St Johnstone FC Fans now let's get behind our team and help them get promotion :D

End result we got the three points. Ok we were not too hot for the first hour or so and some players weren't hitting top form. At this stage the result is all that matters. Rather have that than played fabulous flowing fitba for 90 mins and end up with the usual Saints / Scotland hard luck story. Do you think either of the two Bigots' managers will give a toss if they play badly and win 1 - 0 today ?

Same against Dundee, Dunfermline & Thistle at home and the league will be one. Nerves will also get to players and supporters once the line is in sight. We need to remember this and encourage them not boo them.

Jings, some amount of keich on this forum last night. This nonsense of "I pay his wages, so I'll shout what I want" is just bollocks. It causes me to ponder how many of these forumers are successful managers in some capacity.

It is feasible that this club could have operated (from a financial aspect) fan-free over the last two financial years! The moral of the story, let's not argue over our entitlement to abuse players, let's debate what good it actually does.

I've been forced to listen to a monologue about my failings. The gaffer was right, I wasn't very good at my job, but my performance deteriorated following these outbursts.

If folks on here decide, pre-match, to abuse Player X what reaction do they expect or want? Do they genuinely think that player will play to his full capacity? Do they want the player to maximise their potential?

No fully-adjusted adult could ever imagine that abusing a player will cause him to perform better. Look at EEP, we encouraged a struggling team to victory, yet we did the opposite with Swanks yesterday.

The mentality of the guys I heard abusing Swankie was limited - at best. Perhaps they are low on self-confidence and want to see the guy fail, in order to win a pub-debate. Perhaps they want him to fail because, he's young, athletic, reasonably good-looking, drives a smart car and earns half-decent money?

If a group of folks genuinely feel that he has no place at this club, please arrange to meet the manager and discuss your feelings. Don't spoil the reputation of the club. The Livi players must have taken some boost from our fans, go away and look up "supporter" in a dictionary.

I reiterate that I think he's a talented dud. I'm not defending his play.

I don't for one second believe that the hard earned dosh I stump up to watch football goes towards much of if any of a players wages,however, football is a business and part of that business is entertainment and if anyone thinks the entertainment young Swankie provided yesterday was worth paying for I would like to know what planet they are from.

Footballers have been given dogs abuse since the first ball was ever kicked,a lot of it revolves around peoples passion for their club and its hard to accept that a player does not show the same passion and commitment they do.

Is it a fact that people nowadays are so wrapped up in cotton wool that a few home truths send them running for therapy.

If you cant stand the heat!!!!!

I think one of the biggest problems just now is this bloody record, I thought yesterday was a perfect example of players being more concerned with not losing a game rather than going out and winning one.

The midfield needs to be changed as there are too many players in there who want to play wee short passes to each other and this results in closing and slowing the game down.

We should have stuck with the 3-5-2 which would have allowed Craig and Irvine to play further forward and cause Meadowbank some problems.

Yes Swankie was crap but I've never seen somebody play better because the crowd got on their backs