#28 - 21/02/09 - Queen of the South (a)

Time to move on for me. Queens up next and there must be a real worry that this might be the game when the unbeaten run comes to an end. With our performance today and their 4-0 drubbing of Airdrie there are signs that it could go wrong.

Well I,m not worried.....An away win, 2-1 Saints..We can only get better and we are well overdue a decent performance. I will be making the long journey to Dumfries full of hope, bouyed by the fact that even though we were very poor against Livi , we STILL won the Match and collected another valuable 3 points in our quest for league glory. Everyone wants to beat us and this actually might just be helping us.. Team wise with todays match fresh in my mind , I'd like to see something like......

Main

Irvine, Rusty, Caff, Craig.

Milar, Morris, Sheerin, Sammy

Savo, Holmes

Subs..McLean, Peaso, Gartland, Hardie, Mooner.

Injured..Jacko, James,

No place for Ando, Swankie....

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not going to happen but i would go with this:

Main

Irvine Rusty Caff Ando

Samuel Morris Hardie Craig

Peaso Milne

Subs: Mclean, Gartland, Millar, Swankie, Holmes

We are struggling to put the ball in the net at the moment and Peaso is the most natural finisher at the club. Dont know if Hardie will be fit enough to start but i'd like to see him back in the middle, he's been off form this season but we've definitely missed the big man recently. Craig is wasted at left back and Gartland is a CB so Ando would be the man for left back in my opinion. Holmer needs a rest. And based on todays performance there is no way Millar or Swankie can start. Samuel deserves a chance after his impact recently, especially on either wing.

I'm not very confident tbh. I think our run might end, but I will still be going up full of confidence and hope.

Main

Irvine Rusty Caff Craig

Samuel Morris Millar Sheerin

Savo Holmes.

If you arent very confident how can you be going full of confidence?

I would go for

Main

Irvine Rusty Caff Ando

Millar Sheerin Morris Craig

Holmes Sammy

I shall also be making the trip south of the border for this one! When was the last time we won at palmerston? been a few seasons anyway, many may say we are overdue a win over queens at their place...................would have to say 2-1 the saintees!!

Will our 18 game unbeaten run end against queens.............i hope not!:razz:

Teamwise i would be happy to go with.....................

Main (legend!)

Irvine Ruti Caff Craig

Samuel Sheerin Morris Miller

Savo Holmes.

Subs: McLean, Swankie, Garters, Peaso, Hardie.

Injured: James, Jacko.

No place for: Whoever iv not mentioned :razz:

MON YE SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd put Craig back into midfield with Garters or Ando at left-back. Sammy to start up front with Homer - he looked sharper yesterday. Not sure I'd even have Swankie on the bench either - time for Mooner to make an impact?

Strong hints from McDiarmid that Craig will not be left back on Saturday.

We've needed Mooner all year, but nobody has told Del:laugh: perhaps I should post something on this forum:wink:

Swankie must come on a sub. away fans are more knowledgeble, committed and realistic and will get behind the guy.

Massive game, I can't wait for this. Yesterday, our luck continued and we were outplayed in the first half and were lucky not to go in 2 or 3 behind. I think we should play a 4-5-1 at Palmerston, and try to counter attack them.

Main

Irvine Anderson McCaffrey Rutkiewicz

Samuel Millar Morris Moon Craig

Holmes

McLean, Gartland, Sheerin, Swankie/Peaso, Savo.

Didn't think Sheerin played to well yesterday, and I think this is the sort of game Moon will do well in as we will need 100% work rate in the midfield when they have the ball, and then composure and the ability to keep the ball when we attack. Millar was pish in Dingwall, but was back to near his best yesterday. Morris was good as usual.

When we attack it'll be more like a 4-3-3, with Samuel and Craig supporting Homer, or if he flicks the ball down for either Millar/Morris/Moon to run onto, which could be another way for us to score.

I'm going for 2-1 Saints, it's time we start winning these big games and wrap up the league before Easter.

Millar was pish in Dingwall, but was back to near his best yesterday.QUOTE]

If that was the best Millar has got then he shouldnt be anywhere near the squad. Everyone keeps saying he was so good second half yesterday but to be honest all he did was the "pass" to samuel for the goal.

The first 1/4 of the season Millar was without a doubt our best player but he has been hopeless since then, including the Livi game yesterday. I read a morton fan on pie and bovril saying he needed dropped every 10 games or so and that Morton fan has been proved absolutely 100% correct. Get him out the team for a game or two and hopefully we'll see the Chris Millar from the start of the season. Or perhaps he looked good because everyone else was so poor!?