Title Is Yours

parsmad123

After yet another sub-standard performance at EEP, I think it is safe to say that the title is yours.

You guys have been the most consistent team this season and even though you might not be winning every game, I believe your unbeaten in something like 16 games? We simply can't put a run together and our home form is quite frankly EMBARASSING. If we could play the good football we play away from home at EEP instead of the big hoof up to Bayne then I wouldn't have had to post this.

So although you guys will probably remain modest and say there is still a long way to go, well done, 'cause i my eyes the league is yours.

After yet another sub-standard performance at EEP, I think it is safe to say that the title is yours.

You guys have been the most consistent team this season and even though you might not be winning every game, I believe your unbeaten in something like 16 games? We simply can't put a run together and our home form is quite frankly EMBARASSING. If we could play the good football we play away from home at EEP instead of the big hoof up to Bayne then I wouldn't have had to post this.

So although you guys will probably remain modest and say there is still a long way to go, well done, 'cause i my eyes the league is yours.

Far from over pars

if you guys beat us twice, its game on

Yes the title may well be coming our way at the end of the season,we can only throw it away now,but as said already theres plenty of games to be played yet,these remaining games are all down to which team shows the biggest character and nerve,we may not be winning every game during our unbeaten run but we sure have pulled out some great results by battling out draws when we in fact should have been dead and buried,Ross C and QoS to name but two,will our bubble burst,i cant see it,we have too big a character for that :wink:

Yip, I forgot there were only two teams capable of winning the league until I opened this thread. Dunfermline lose, Saints are champs. Simple.

Fair point Jags, Dunfermline are not the only team that have the ability to get a little run on the go. You guys also have the ability to do so, but I think neither will this season. I don't think either side has the steel that we do. Dundee may do, but they have a very tough run in the next few games.

The next five or six games are crucial and I can see us pulling away a little bit, but certainly not counting my chickens. The doing we got from both Thistle and Pars at the start of the season show nothing is certain.

If you lads can keep your team together I strongly believe next season will be your season, but keeping your best players will be hard.

I, and many others I'm sure, appreciate your respect for the team. So often other teams fans simply say "we're there for the taking" and assume our bottle will crash "as it always has done" - not that I can recall it ever doing so.

But the league won't be over until we've a five point lead with 1 game to go. Plenty of points still to be won, but our excellent home record, and strong performances away from home, have put us in an enviable position. It's ours to lose, definitely.

If you are righting the pars chances off, then we need to consider the threat from everyone else. Dundeh are coming into form at the perfect time of season. They were second bottom just before Christmas, they are the biggest threat, if indeed Dunfy are ruled out. Having said all this, I dont consider Jags or Livi to be a threat.

Three teams: 1. Saints 2. Dunfermline 3. Dundee - on of these teams will win the league.

cheers man:)

How much reverse physcology is going to happen the next few weeks? No one is realistically throwing in the towel, just setting up the dream of snatching a title from the leading team whilst 'not suspecting'. Its a bit like when you pretend to not see the last biscuit in the packet so the surprise of finding it is greater. Delayed gratification i believe is the correct term.

How much reverse physcology is going to happen the next few weeks? No one is realistically throwing in the towel, just setting up the dream of snatching a title from the leading team whilst 'not suspecting'. Its a bit like when you pretend to not see the last biscuit in the packet so the surprise of finding it is greater. Delayed gratification i believe is the correct term.

Is it a Bourbon......i love those