#30 - 07/03/09 - Ross County (h)

Next up, Ross County, a team who we have played 4 times this season already, resulting in 1 loss, 2 wins and a draw...In fact County were the last team to score at Mc D on the 8th of november and we have yet to keep a clean sheet against them this season. I think this will be a tough game and anyone who thinks not may be deluding themselves..We MUST though, take 3 points from this one and Del has to go for more attacking tactics if we are wanting to actually win this bloody league. We NEED the midfield to be more offensive and get there arses up much quicker than they have recently..With the Pars and Dundee not in action this is ANOTHER great chance to put some distance between us and them and with Partick playing we need to keep the gap at least at 3 points.

Team wise????????

Main

Irvine, Rusty, Caff, Byrne

Millar, Moon, Sheerin, Craig.

Homer, Barrett

Subs..McLean, Savo, Hardie, Gartland, Samuel(if fit)Swankie (if sammys still out)

Injured. Morris, James, Peaso, Jacko,

Odd man out..... Ando:sad:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I don't see why you would have Barrett and Holmes in the same strike force as they didn't really pose much of a goal threat, it would have to be either one of them with Savo.

Holmes did brilliantly in the 2-2 draw at dingwall a few weeks ago and terrorised the County defence. There keeper is VERY susceptible to high balls/deep crosses. From what little I saw of Barrett on Saturday he looks like he could beefit more from Homers flick ons than Savo. I'd certainly give those two the first half and take it from there....If Sammy was FULLY fit I'd have him in the midfield and drop Millar to the bench and tell Gavin to have the day off

Next up, Ross County, a team who we have played 4 times this season already, resulting in 1 loss, 2 wins and a draw...In fact County were the last team to score at Mc D on the 8th of november and we have yet to keep a clean sheet against them this season. I think this will be a tough game and anyone who thinks not may be deluding themselves..We MUST though, take 3 points from this one and Del has to go for more attacking tactics if we are wanting to actually win this bloody league. We NEED the midfield to be more offensive and get there arses up much quicker than they have recently..With the Pars and Dundee not in action this is ANOTHER great chance to put some distance between us and them and with Partick playing we need to keep the gap at least at 3 points.

Team wise????????

Main

Irvine, Rusty, Caff, Byrne

Millar, Moon, Sheerin, Craig.

Homer, Barrett

Subs..McLean, Savo, Hardie, Gartland, Samuel(if fit)Swankie (if sammys still out)

Injured. Morris, James, Peaso, Jacko,

Odd man out..... Ando:sad:

Similar lines Ghostie. Perhaps start with Homer on Bench to vary the 'long' ball tactic.

Savo instead of Homer.

Similar lines Ghostie. Perhaps start with Homer on Bench to vary the 'long' ball tactic.

Savo instead of Homer.

Were you up at Dingwall Mike???? They could not handle Homer at all and every cross that went into the final 3rd caused them problems mate.. Soutars nickname is Dracula because he,s afraid of crosses...

Were you up at Dingwall Mike???? They could not handle Homer at all and every cross that went into the final 3rd caused them problems mate.. Soutars nickname is Dracula because he,s afraid of crosses...

Not the recent game no. Just this negative bump up the park is getting a bit of a drag. They will be expecting it. I'm all for having homer on the pitch if we are getting telling balls into the box but its been lacking. Perhaps introducing this later in the game in the way to go.....

Were we 'hoofing' it up the park up there or were we trying to play some football?

I expect Del to start with Homer and Savo though

Massive game, and three points are needed if we are going to push on and win this league. I'd go with;

Main

Irvine Byrne Rutkiewicz McCaffrey

Millar Moon Craig Sheerin

Holmes Milne

McLean, Gartland, Barrett, Hardie, Swankie/Samuel

I think the Moon/Craig partnership in the midfield could be a really good one, and Jody could struggle to get back into the team if these two guys play like they did on Saturday week in week out. I'd like to see Barrett given longer against County maybe 30mins or so. Hoping to see a big improvement from Savo, and also Millar.

2-0 Saints, Holmes and Moon.

I think the Moon/Craig partnership in the midfield could be a really good one, and Jody could struggle to get back into the team if these two guys play like they did on Saturday week in week out. QUOTE]

we didn't have a moon/craig partnership on sat. we had 1st half moon/millar, 2nd half moon/sheerin. And thankfully Liam doesn't normally play that bad-i thought he was pretty poor.

Main

Irvine Ruti Caff Byrne

Millar Moon Sheerin Craig

Holmes Milne

Subs: McLean, Gartland, Swankie, Barrett, Samuel or Peaso (if fit)

Must get the three points on the board this weekend.

MON SAINTEES!!!!!!!!!

Just about agree but surely Hardie on the bench. And I'd join the crowd and give MoonBeam a full 90 mins

Just about agree but surely Hardie on the bench. And I'd join the crowd and give MoonBeam a full 90 mins

I'm not sure Mooner can last 90mins? 1. he's not match fit 2.The ammount of running he does, i don't think he could keep that pace up for a full match. I quite like the idea of 64mins for Mooner then Hardie replacing him, though it will all depend how the game is going

assunming sammy is fit and is playing would it be good to start with 433 with sammy on the right of the of the front 3 which would potentially solve the rw position? im just thinking that with sammy being good on the right side at dingwall and i remember him coming on in quite a few games and having good runs up the wing

maybe not as far forward as the strikers but further forward in the midfield so he can get space to drive at players

Main

Irvine Caff Rusty Ando

Samuel Moon Hardie Craig

Peaso Barrett

Never going to happen but would me my choice. If Peaso isnt fit enough to start then replace him with Savo.

Subs; Mclean, Gartland, Sheerin, Savo/Peaso, Holmes.

Holmes most impressive performances this season have been coming off the bench when the opposition defence is tiring so i reckon giving him a rest and using him last 20 minutes if all is not going to plan. I expect Byrne to start but i dont think he'd be a better option than Ando. Only positive with playing Byrne is he gives us the balance of a lefty but they are both not very impressive going forward but Ando is far superior defensively.

I expect Byrne to start but i dont think he'd be a better option than Ando. Only positive with playing Byrne is he gives us the balance of a lefty but they are both not very impressive going forward but Ando is far superior defensively.

Ando has his moments. Arguably the best play tonight came from Ando skinning two guys to set up our second goal. He roams forward very well, usually looking for a one-two. All round better player than Byrne.

EDIT: Four of your team are injured!

A very difficult game, I think. St. Johnstone are expected to win, obviously, but Ross County are a team who can punish on the counter-attack. They have a very good midfield, arguably the best in the division, so that's something to consider.

A balance will be needed for this match. Kevin Moon was immense against Dundee, IMO, so surely he has to start? This is the type of game where Jody Morris's absence will be a telling one.

I'm not sure how Saint's should line up, but I think the fans will have to be patient, just like us Dundee fans will have to be against QOS.

I fancy another draw for this game.

1-1.