#31 - 10/03/09 - Clyde (a)

Radford 72

Can't believe I've beaten Ghostie to a pre-match thread! Seems to be the general consensus that changes are required and it'll be interesting to hear the feedback from tonight's meeting. Usually we play Clyde after they've been humped and get the backlash but for a change they come into the match the happier side after weekend results. Willie McLaren was supposedly the star man for them again at Firhill and will be one who will be out to prove a point.

Like others, I feel the best place to start with the changes will be up front and resting Holmes will give us a different option. Barrett did fine today and I'd partner him with Samuel or Milne. Chris Millar is another that is having an extended run of poor form and I'd like to see Samuel or Swankie up against their left wingback. Whether it's Waddell or whoever, they don't have a great defensive option there. Craig back into midfield with Moon and Sheerin and Byrne back in at left back.

Hard to expect folk to travel when prices have been hiked by a couple of quid and we are playing poorly but hopefully the lure of SS in his pearly king gear will tempt folk!

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe I've beaten Ghostie to a pre-match thread! Seems to be the general consensus that changes are required and it'll be interesting to hear the feedback from tonight's meeting. Usually we play Clyde after they've been humped and get the backlash but for a change they come into the match the happier side after weekend results. Willie McLaren was supposedly the star man for them again at Firhill and will be one who will be out to prove a point.

Like others, I feel the best place to start with the changes will be up front and resting Holmes will give us a different option. Barrett did fine today and I'd partner him with Samuel or Milne. Chris Millar is another that is having an extended run of poor form and I'd like to see Samuel or Swankie up against their left wingback. Whether it's Waddell or whoever, they don't have a great defensive option there. Craig back into midfield with Moon and Sheerin and Byrne back in at left back.

Hard to expect folk to travel when prices have been hiked by a couple of quid and we are playing poorly but hopefully the lure of SS in his pearly king gear will tempt folk!

I've been to busy venting my spleen and banging my already aching head off the front door. The demons are exorcised now though...

I was quite up for going to this, but I'm not so sure now.

That was enough to put anyone off today, even more so with their increased prices.

We need to change things though. We can't continue to play the same team. We've become very predictable and that's a massive worry.

Right then.. Clyde away...Always struggle there but seeing as were struggling everywhere, maybe we will get a result at Broadwood.. I agree with many posters on the forum that the time has come for Homer to get a seat on the bench..I also think we should go 4-3-3.. So here's my hoped for team...

Main

Irvine, Rusty, Caff, BYRNE

Moon, Hardie, Craig

Sammy, Barrett, Savo

Subs..McLean, Holmes, Gartland, Millar, Sheerin..

Right then.. Clyde away...Always struggle there but seeing as were struggling everywhere, maybe we will get a result at Broadwood.. I agree with many posters on the forum that the time has come for Homer to get a seat on the bench..I also think we should go 4-3-3.. So here's my hoped for team...

Main

Irvine, Rusty, Caff, BYRNE

Moon, Hardie, Craig

Sammy, Barrett, Savo

Subs..McLean, Holmes, Gartland, Millar, Sheerin..

Our best player on the bench Ghostie? Did you not see his cross-field passes today. He was head and shoulders above Craig. This is age-ism. Or bald-ism. Or Ghosties pished -ism. One of the three.