#32 - 14/03/09 - Livingston (a)

This weekend we are off to Almondvale, Livi have failed to take anything from us in 2 seasons i believe. I think if we win saturday and Partick and Dunfermline draw the league is more or less ours as we will be very difficult to catch. Dundee are more or less done for another season being 10 points behind now. And providing we beat Partick when they come to McDiarmid in a few weeks time.

Teamwise I would go with.................

Main (legend!)

Irvine Ruti Caff Byrne

Swankie Moon Craig Sheerin

Savo Barrett

Subs: McLean, Homer, Miller, Ando, Hardie (if fit??)

Think we will win this one 2-1.

MON SAINTS!!!!!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This weekend we are off to Almondvale, Livi have failed to take anything from us in 2 seasons i believe. I think if we win saturday and Partick and Dunfermline draw the league is more or less ours as we will be very difficult to catch. Dundee are more or less done for another season being 10 points behind now. And providing we beat Partick when they come to McDiarmid in a few weeks time.

Teamwise I would go with.................

Main (legend!)

Irvine Ruti Caff Byrne

Swankie Moon Craig Sheerin

Savo Barrett

Subs: McLean, Homer, Miller, Ando, Hardie (if fit??)

Think we will win this one 2-1.

MON SAINTS!!!!!

What did Millar do to you? We're you at the game on Tuesday?:roll:

Might see Garters back to man handle One. Big sod needs a dose of the physicals and whilst Caff did well against him at home, there were a few "feck me" moments. Could be interesting to see One and Griffiths together, we'll have to be sharper at the back, no more faffing about Mr Byrne or it'll be more than a shout from Captain Rusty.

Got to be the same lineup as Tuesday. Like 101 says though Del is likely to change his players according to the opposition and that may mean Gartland in for Caff.

The Fans have a big part to play from the off. More of the chants for Swankie etc and hopefully the lad can produce the same type of display............

It mentioned on the radio last night that Griffiths was struggling at the end of the game with what looked like a hamstring problem. He should have been subbed but they had already used all three. Does anybody know if he wil be fit for Saturday??

He's only played against us once (in the league) this season, hasn't he? That's probably helped us no end. IF he misses Saturday, it could be a stick-on win for us.

Might see Garters back to man handle One. Big sod needs a dose of the physicals and whilst Caff did well against him at home, there were a few "feck me" moments. Could be interesting to see One and Griffiths together, we'll have to be sharper at the back, no more faffing about Mr Byrne or it'll be more than a shout from Captain Rusty.

is millar not suspended for livvy? plus griffiths took a bad one last night(hamstring i believe) so may not play!!

I wasn't impressed with them One bit in Perth. They were One dimensional and I was surprised we only put One past them.

One more victory for us on our relentless march to the title!

You're too good at this game. Try a full post where the first letter of each sentence spells his full name.

is millar not suspended for livvy? plus griffiths took a bad one last night(hamstring i believe) so may not play!!

Think the ban takes a while to kick in, Lark. His suspension is for accumulation of points as opposed to a straight red. Radford seems to ken a' aboot suspensions...or is it suspenders:?:

Think the ban takes a while to kick in, Lark. His suspension is for accumulation of points as opposed to a straight red. Radford seems to ken a' aboot suspensions...or is it suspenders:?:

Cheeky :laugh:

If it's a points suspension, he'll be able to play one more game, then be suspended for one game. Rusty (or was it Caff?) had one earlier in the season.

You're too good at this game. Try a full post where the first letter of each sentence spells his full name.

Another win is on the cards

Rusty commanding at the back

Moon mixing it in midfield

Anderson watching from afar

No stupid mistakes down the left flanks

Determination in every part of the field

One goal margin will do

No return to drab draws

Everyone goes home happy.

There you have it Armand One and no cheap digs at Dundee.....

Another win is on the cards

Rusty commanding at the back

Moon mixing it in midfield

Anderson watching from afar

No stupid mistakes down the left flanks

Determination in every part of the field

One goal margin will do

No return to drab draws

Everyone goes home happy.

There you have it Armand One and no cheap digs at Dundee.....

I bow down! First class effort.

Did Millar up his game as well as Swankie did then? Good to see, as for me they've both had a poor spell. I would put Gartland in if Griffiths is out, but if he's not I'd stick with the tried and tested. Hopefully Holmes is benched again if it makes us play it on the deck.

Could have a few goals this one, Livi have been very leaky of late.

Did Millar up his game as well as Swankie did then? Good to see, as for me they've both had a poor spell. I would put Gartland in if Griffiths is out, but if he's not I'd stick with the tried and tested. Hopefully Holmes is benched again if it makes us play it on the deck.

Could have a few goals this one, Livi have been very leaky of late.

Yeah. Chris Millar was excellent...despite not being good enough for this club!

Generic Fan X was heard saying, "A' he does is burl aboot in the middle and then play the ba' back the wiy!"

Generic Fan X was heard saying, "A' he does is burl aboot in the middle and then play the ba' back the wiy!"

Yes sometimes these chap's accents do grate a bit on one's ears and their opinions also are a tad off the mark. :wink:

Win number 2 of another 6 in a row which will win the league with time to spare.

He just seemed more direct on Tuesday and also his run through the middle to collect Gavin's through ball was more like he was at the beginning of the season. I think everyone just got a huge lift on Tuesday, long may it continue.

Well fourth league game against livi and its funny how the tone has changed. I believe radford predicted Griffiths to be ineffective at the start of the season now we are glad if he is out. We have been lucky the two other league games we have played them either Elliott or Griffiths was out.

So saturdays going to be a test for the defence livi have scored eight in the last two games often in a very short space of time. Concentration must be kept and we all have to get right behind the team from the start.

I have no fear of that though the away crowds for saints games are always much better.

I was not there on tuesday but I dont think there would be much tinkering with a winning side unless livi set up differently from clyde. The livi midfield scored 3 of the 4 goals on tuesday and all were set up by midfield players.