#34 - 04/04/09 - Partick Thistle (h)

on the up

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General consensus is that if we win, we'll win the title on telly and that's no good. I wanna win at Dens.

If we win our next 2, we are 9 clear. If that gap remains until the TV game then we wont actually win it until Dens, providing the rest keep winning to keep the gap.

Either way, were on course to goto Dens and have one helluva party!

I'm surprised the charismatic, resident Luvvy hasn't been engaging in some mind-games.

He's to busy shitting himself:laugh::laugh::laugh:

He's actually in a win win situation. Both his teams are in with a great chance of winning the title..

Mon Jags, lets see you nail your colours to the mast..:wink:

If we win our next 2, we are 9 clear. If that gap remains until the TV game then we wont actually win it until Dens, providing the rest keep winning to keep the gap.

Either way, were on course to goto Dens and have one helluva party!

Whit's wi' the negative vibes, brother? Our rival is Partick Thistle! Which of their players do we fear? They're gash and will lose more points than us before Dens.

We need a cruel penalty to deny us in front of the telly fans, that will make us the housewives favourite and they'll start supporting Saints. Bring on the Milf!

I notice we're due to be seated in the North Stand having (quite correctly) shuuffled into the Main Stand on our last few visits. The excitement's definitely building among the Thistle fans, but I still doubt we'll bring more than 800 on Saturday.

I think you've only been in the Main Stand the last couple of times. You didn't need the Sayer Stand for the second trip in 2006/07 but your board requested it to keep the Jags fans away from them, as the away director's box is right next to the away section. Maybe they knew d*** was going to get sent to the stand?

Really hope the Saints fans turn out for this. Unlike others maybe, I'm not fussed how many Thistle fans are there as a big number will only boost them and whilst it's nice to have a good atmosphere, we'll get plenty of them next year if we can win the league and anything that works in our favour is what I want to see.

There were around 4,000 Saints fans at the recent match vs Dundee so it'd be great to even get close to that again. We've shown over the past few seasons (e.g. last home game vs Queens in 2006/07) that the support will turn out if the game is big enough. Good move by the club to get some quotes from Roddy on the site today looking back at 1990. Whilst that might add pressure, we should be using that Totten era to try and remind folk how much they enjoyed coming to McDiarmid back in those early days. Our average crowd that season was nearly 6,000 and they can't all have disappeared.

There were around 4,000 Saints fans at the recent match vs Dundee so it'd be great to even get close to that again. We've shown over the past few seasons (e.g. last home game vs Queens in 2006/07) that the support will turn out if the game is big enough.

Sad to say there is a rock-solid group of die-hard fans that turn out and another 2000 or so floating voters who select matches and have very good sense of whether a game matters or not. When we have Wednesday night games, which tend to be cup matches,

there is always an extra 500 or so who play football on a Saturday from boys club to Junior. Most of them won't be there versus Thistle. I'd guess 4250 is likely with a good atmosphere too.

Potentially a huge game - if we win, I'll stick my neck out and say we will win the league. However, if we lose, we still have a cushion over Partick, so a defeat wouldn't signal the end of the world by any means.

Having missed the last 4 consecutive matches, I have no first-hand knowledge of which players have been performing well recently, although it is obvious that Samuel has made an immediate impact from his injury. Whether Steven Kinniburgh will start at left-back is a mystery. If I was McInnes, I would go for it. Byrne, even though perhaps not impressing to the same degree as Paul Hanlon, was valuable. We really benefit from having a proper left-back, I feel, and Kinniburgh for that sole reason is a better option than Craig, Sheerin, Gartland or Anderson.

Things have been falling almost too nicely for us recently, with Dundee's results particularly. Not being used to such good fortune in my time supporting Saints, it is perhaps easy to say that there is an ominous feeling in the air, but then again maybe it is finally our year?

Main

Irvine Rutkiewicz McCaffrey Kinniburgh

Samuel Moon Craig Sheerin

Milne MacDonald

Subs: McLean, Gartland, Hardie, Swankie, Holmes

I would start Peaso. He has apparently performed well in closed-door matches recently, Barrett has made no impact since joining, and I don't particularly like Holmes although he provides a different option if desperation sets in.

We have a great record at home against Partick, but I don't doubt that it will be a close, stuffy affair this time. We must dig deep for the 3 points and a step closer to the SPL.

Massive game.

Would even say its bigger than the whole season put together so far. A win on Saturday followed up by a win against Dunfermline midweek makes it very very difficult for anyone to catch us. 9 points ahead with 6 to go. I likey this option very much.

I'll be there on Saturday with swapping shifts and I can honestly say that I can't promise I won't lose the heid!! Somebody better keep me reeled in!!! hahahahahaha

COME ON YE SAINTS! COME ON YE SAINTS!

Surely the stupidest post ever on WAP

I bet you it's not...I reckon I could trawl the boards and find at least a dozen much worse that that..I won't look though as I would not be surprised if the names Ghost, Noose, Muzz and 101 among others came up. I can also guarantee that Sign Daves name would defo be there...Best left alone me thinks:wink: