#34 - 04/04/09 - Partick Thistle (h)

on the up

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McInness cost us two points today.

Double substitution when we were controlling the game.

1 You should never make a double sub unless you are trying to chase a game.

2 Gary Irvine was having a great game. Why change it.Ando never got to the pace of the game.

3 Swankie is not the type of player you need on the park when you are trying to close out a game.

4 Martin Hardie was bossing the midfield & I am sure he would have managed another 10 mins.

Great save from Main saved us from defeat.

2 Gary Irvine was having a great game. Why change it.Ando never got to the pace of the game.

3 Swankie is not the type of player you need on the park when you are trying to close out a game.

4 Martin Hardie was bossing the midfield & I am sure he would have managed another 10 mins.

totally agree with you bad substitutions cost us to-day!!

Great save from Main saved us from defeat.

100% correct.:sad:

Im not one to usually speak my mind on Dels decisions, but we would have won today if he hadnt made some ridiculous changes.

As far as i could see, there was NO need for ANY changes, we were soaking up their pressure and it looked like we were going to hold on.

Perhaps the subs could be slightly justifed if Hardie, Savo or Sammy looked tired, but imo they didnt. And swapping Irvine (who was brilliant today) for anderson?? I just cant get my head round it

Well that was a nearly game..Nearly held out for a great win considering the poor performance. Then nearly got beat as we abandoned all composure and pressed the panic button... Like others I am a little disappointed that Del made the substitutions when he did and unless the players going off had injuries ( which it didn't look like) I would say that that cost us two points..Overall I have to say that a draw was probably a fair result. Neither team did enough for me although Partick did suddenly up their game once the equalizer went in and might have snatched it at the death...I though Hardie had a decent game as did Irvine , Rusty and Caff. Thought Craig had one of his worst games with far to many passes going astray. Up front, Savo and Holmes were poor with neither showing much in the way of control when they got the ball . That said they were both involved for the Saints goal..Mooner played in patches but seemed afraid to get to far forward. More than once , running with the ball at his feet he put the brakes on when the defenders in front of him looked like they were shitting themselves..I wonder if this was on the orders of Del?? Sheerin was decent and Sammy put in a good shift. Main looked okay and made a great save at the end although the flag had gone up for an offsides. ( I'm sure he didn't know that)..So still 3 points clear and with a game in hand at home we are still well in the driving seat. We really need to beat the Pars on Tuesday night now..

A special word for the great Partick support who very nearly filled the North Stand oh, and well done to MC Heller..Not bad and he dealt well with the heckler:laugh:

Overall although a little miffed we didn't win , I think it was a decent point..

I'd sign Tuffney + Harkins in a minute from Partick. 2 top players.

We went flat after we took the lead and Partick were the better side in the latter stages and could/should of won it. Good atmosphere and great away support from Thistle today.