#37 - 19/04/09 - Queen of the South (h)

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big/noisy crowd needed next Sunday!

Every Saints fan wants to win the league at Dens and the best chance of doing that is by winning next week.

Not surprising that when Kev played Scooter at half time last week the atmosphere lifted. Think, as a one off, Saints should run out to Runrig - Loch Lomond to really get the fans in full voice? How good would it be having the whole of the East stand singing to that!

but the bad thing for morton they still have to come to McDiarmid so its unlikely
One could agrue that this is perfect for them. If we go on to get beat by dundee 1-0, and airdrie 1-0 they would only need to record a 3 goal margin (assuming they won their other games by odd goals)

not that would happen, just in theory.

I'd have the same team as Saturday too, but I'd put Sheerin in place of Swankie.:D

Man of vision - so would I. Team looked solid against Dunfermline putting aside a couple of wobbles including Gartland for penalty, but hard to see how anyone would want to change the team much.

Noticed Gartland impeding his man at the home game against DAFC too needs to watch it doesn't catch him out again.

Man of vision - so would I. Team looked solid against Dunfermline putting aside a couple of wobbles including Gartland for penalty, but hard to see how anyone would want to change the team much.

Noticed Gartland impeding his man at the home game against DAFC too needs to watch it doesn't catch him out again.

Probably lack of match sharpness more than anything else, looks very solid. Sheerin probably would have started against Pars if it wasnt for the midweek game taking its toll on the mature legs. He will start on Sunday.

here am just wondering if we win on sun then morton win against partick as well would the sfl comfirm we are champions as we would be 9 clear of them with 3 games to go or would they wait until the weekend after when we have beat the scum

Wait a min have i done my sum wrong? we are 7 clear no? and if partick loose and we win then thats 10 clear with 9 left so can we not win the league on sunday? or am i missing something?

Wait a min have i done my sum wrong? we are 7 clear no? and if partick loose and we win then thats 10 clear with 9 left so can we not win the league on sunday? or am i missing something?

if morton beat partick they are only 9 points behind us so we cant win the league either way.

i missed the game against dunfermline but from what i have read and been told we have to put sheerin in for swankie and keep the same team. this game is a massive game for us 100% concentration is required against queens. Dobbie is a big threat but hopefully rusty will keep him quiet. The singing in the second half against dunfermline at home was great but need it for the whole game to show our appreciation for the position we are in!!

CMON YOU SAINTS NOT LONG NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QOS come in confidence and want to "spoil the party" according to their club website:

Gordon Chisholm will be hoping that Queens can delay St Johnstone's 'promotion party' when they meet at McDiarmid Park in the televised match on Sunday.

Says 'Chis', "It's a big day for both clubs with so much at stake. It's another tough one and we'll have to keep it tight at the back. Although we respect St Johnstone we don't fear them as we've drawn thrice already this season. They've all been close, hotly contested games and I'm expecting the same this time around and we'll go up there with our confidence 'sky-high' after that Thistle result "

http://www.qosfc.com/ClubNews/ViewFullStory/tabid/151/selectmoduleid/498/ArticleID/519/reftab/36/Default.aspx

QOS come in confidence and want to "spoil the party" according to their club website:

Gordon Chisholm will be hoping that Queens can delay St Johnstone's 'promotion party' when they meet at McDiarmid Park in the televised match on Sunday.

Says 'Chis', "It's a big day for both clubs with so much at stake. It's another tough one and we'll have to keep it tight at the back. Although we respect St Johnstone we don't fear them as we've drawn thrice already this season. They've all been close, hotly contested games and I'm expecting the same this time around and we'll go up there with our confidence 'sky-high' after that Thistle result "

http://www.qosfc.com/ClubNews/ViewFullStory/tabid/151/selectmoduleid/498/ArticleID/519/reftab/36/Default.aspx

Yes QOS will be coming to win and upset our plans but their form is very strange. They have lost to Ross County at home and Airdrie Utd. away yet when they play the top teams away from home like Dundee and Partick they have come out victorious. Most of their other recent results have been draws. I think they will psyche themselves up for the game against us but we'll win narrowly and head for the big one next week hopefully.