#38 - 25/04/09 - Dundee (a)

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to McD shortly to get tix for this game shortly :), a Lavvy win and a Saints win would see us lift the title at home against Morton as more a reality..seriously i think after yesterdays result...wtf was the linesman thinking about when 1 of the queens players in the second half fell on the ball..it went out of play and he awarded a goal kick!!??:mad:

Anyway teamwise I would go with

Main (legend!)

Irvine Ruti Gartland Anderson

Miller Hardie Moon Sheerin

Savo Sammy

Subs: McLean, Peaso, Swankie, Kinniburgh, Holmes.

Think this will be a similar style of play as to the last time we went to Dens, so 1-1 or a draw of sorts is on the cards.

MON YOU SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Main (legend!)

Irvine Ruti Gartland Anderson

Savo Sammy

Subs: McLean, Peaso, Swankie, Kinniburgh, Holmes.

:)

Very surprised you would have Ando anywhere near the starting line up after the QOS game and that you would drop Craig from the squad altogether??

For me:

Main

Irvine Rusty Caff(if fit - Garters if not) Craig

Sammy Homer

Subs: Mclean, Garters, Swankie, Kinniburgh, Savo

is caff likely to be back for this? imo gartland and ando are liabilities at the back and 1's bad as other

i would now consider going 532 or even 451 to give us the extra man in midfield, with hardie ad moon in there there should be plenty of fight in the middle and with sheerin fining space trying to pick the passes it could work very well for us

main

irvine rusty caff gartland craig/kinniburgh

hardie sheerin moon

sammy homer/savo

irvine and craig/kinniburgh would be playing as wing backs and will offer a threat up each wing

main

irvine rusty caff kinniburgh

sammy moon sheerin hardie craig

homer/savo

again sheerin dropping back to take the ball off the backline and look for the passes, the extra man in the middle should ensure we get a good amount of possession and give time for sheerin to look up in both cases <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_3325638-->

a Lavvy win and a Saints win would see us lift the title at home against Morton as more a reality.

Would we not win the league in that scenario?

Gap is four points but with those results it would move to seven points with six to play for.

McInnes has a really tough call to make at left back. He's not used Craig there in these big games but can Ando recover from his performance yesterday? For me, there's no way we should be changing our formation from a back four to a back three at this stage, so someone has to play there.

Holmer reacted fantastically to being dropped with his contribution yesterday but Savo and Samuel haven't done a lot wrong.

McInnes needs to get his selection right but then none of us on here can agree on a team, which shows the job he has.

Play Gartland at full back and bring Caff back into the centre, either that or stick with Ando. Liam needs to be played in midfield.

Sammy is crap upfront. He plays like a midielder playing up front rather than a striker, he's never on his toes in the box like a striker should be. The amount of goals he could have scored this season (or at least get the shots away) had he been on his toes is unbelieveable. Play him right midfield and stick Homer on up front again particularly as their big centre half McKenzie seems to be suspended. If we had anyboody else other than Peaso I would drop Savo but as we don't I wouldn't!!!

Main

Irvine Rusty Caff Garters

Sammy Hardie Sheerin Liam

Savo Homer

Subs McLean, Ando, Miller, Jody, Peaso

We'll beat Dundee 2-1, that wee shite Griffiths will score the winner in a 1-0 win for Meadowbank against the Plastic before signing for Saints cos he's always wanted to play in the SPL, Bob's yer uncle, Fanny's yer aunt and Saints are League winners 2008/09 Have a happy Saturday night

McInnes needs to get his selection right but then none of us on here can agree on a team, which shows the job he has.

Agreed but you need to ask why we bothered bringing Kinniburgh in. Really don't think he should be making his debut on Saturday, would not be confident in the slightest playing Anderson either so we need to go with Craig I think.

Think Morris and McCaffrey trained today so would they be options to start? Big risk to start Morris would think but hopefully he is maybe saving his second Saints goal from off the bench at Dens to mirror his first.

Savo had a good game against Dunfermline where his first touch returned but he was anonamous on Sunday.

Craig has played at left back for that long this season that he has forgotten how to play midfield.

So I would go .

Main

Irvine Ruti Caff/Ando Craig

Millar Moon Hardie Sheerin.

Sammy Homer

Subs McLean Garters/Ando Milne Bennet McDonald if fit/Swankie.

If James if fit & there is no reason why he isn`t he could be on the bench for Garters & if Morris is fit he should be on bench for Peaso/Swankie but I can`t see it as he only returned to training recently.

Hopefully we have McCaffrey back in the centre of defence. He is an excellent organiser and was badly missed on Saturday. Hardie struggled but I don't think Jody is ready to start. Up front we have problems! We don't have a natural goalscorer, Savo has been poor so I'm going to stick with Sammy and Holmes.

Main

Irvine Ruti Caff Craig

Millar Moon Hardie Sheerin

Samuel Holmes