#39 - 02/05/09 - Greenock Morton (h)

Brilliant game, good ref (let Hardie off with a blatant grapple/hold ten minutes before the penalty and warned both sets of players before the ball was played in) brilliant hunger, maximum attack and to win it in front of folks such as Chalky and Irons was just about as good as it gets.

We need Gary Irvine to play for us again.

Big shout to the Morton fans, good number of them and almost all applauding the U17 winners. You're a credit to the club.

Hope that blonde polis wifie (Jodie?) is still in the force when we're in the SPL. Very pretty:wink:

We looked as a champion winning side today!

Simple as that, the players perform much better with bigger saints support, so get spreading the word for season ticket sales and get your friends back along for next season! CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL TEAM, SUPPORTERS, FANS! We deserve it!

Swindon can watch Irvine all they want, he'll be playing for us next season.

Magic to see the players with their children on the pitch, and thought the players thoroughly deserve their moment of heroism. I never doubted anyone's commitment, or that we'd win. I had called 3-1 at the start of the game, with Savo and Hardie to score, and I was bang-on. Best day I've had in years. Thank you Saints, thank you Del, and thank you Savo!

good team performance today, good effort from morton and there fans that turned up, was no stopping us once they took the lead

thought the ref was good today, certainly alot better than most and let players challenge for the ball in the box and on the goalies

101 Trying to be controversial again :roll:

Aye, very good. How many better refs have you seen at McD this year? Let the game flow, allowed tackles and physicality, tried to play advantage and while we may have been denied a penalty, Hardie should certainly have penalised early doors for grappling.

It's a really sad night when folk like you waste party time by trying to have a go at a genuine Saints fan for expressing a genuine opinion. If I wanted to be controversial, I would have started a "Del must go thread!" or made mention of his subs today. Now get away an' celebrate!

Absolutley perfect day. Every single player played out of their skins and at times the football was so sexy you half-expect to see it spread all over the next issue of FHM. Even at 1-0 down I have never felt so confident in a Saints side showing the ability to bounce back.

Three cracking goals (should have been six or seven) and a lot of players who showed their capabilities today - Millar and Mooner in particular.

Thought the ref was poor at times - missed an elbow on Hardie and a 2nd half handball that should have given us a penalty but bollox I'm feeling generous tonight.

Savour this all we can cos nights like these don't come round too often :D

Aye, very good. How many better refs have you seen at McD this year? Let the game flow, allowed tackles and physicality, tried to play advantage and while we may have been denied a penalty, Hardie should certainly have penalised early doors for grappling.

It's a really sad night when folk like you waste party time by trying to have a go at a genuine Saints fan for expressing a genuine opinion. If I wanted to be controversial, I would have started a "Del must go thread!" or made mention of his subs today. Now get away an' celebrate!

For once i agree with 101, after the ref went over and talked to the players they must have realised that anything would have resulted in a foul

Thought the ref had a good game although what I would say was that after we were given a corner that was never a corner, craig played the ball in the ref gave a freekick for nothbing, clearly because he has got the previous decision wrong, stupidity

Other than that I though he was fair for both teams

Congratulations to Saints, but shine was taken off my night when put down my sunglasses, wig and horn for 2mins in the Muirton Suite tonight to get my photo taken with trophy. MY SUNGLASSES WHERE STOLEN! Would expect nothing less if in the pub but when actually at the club celebrating such a wonderful thing find it a great shame that one of my fellow supporter is a THIEF!!!!! Not expensive specs more the principle. :sad:

Congratulations to Saints, but shine was taken off my night when put down my sunglasses, wig and horn for 2mins in the Muirton Suite tonight to get my photo taken with trophy. MY SUNGLASSES WHERE STOLEN! Would expect nothing less if in the pub but when actually at the club celebrating such a wonderful thing find it a great shame that one of my fellow supporter is a THIEF!!!!! Not expensive specs more the principle. :sad:

really? i saw a pair lying on the pitch....

I bought a horn only for my son to have this taken off him by the police 5 mins later. What a shame, entering the ground crying his eyes out. I mean WTF surely the vendors should get moved on if they are selling items deemed offensive by the police? Terrible.

I bought a horn only for my son to have this taken off him by the police 5 mins later. What a shame, entering the ground crying his eyes out. I mean WTF surely the vendors should get moved on if they are selling items deemed offensive by the police? Terrible.

Shocking stuff, plenty of these types of horns are allowed at other grounds

As usual, not at McDiarmid though!

Some people waited 35 minutes to get a seat and were then warned for standing!