#39 - 02/05/09 - Greenock Morton (h)

Absolutely magnificent! We were fantastic today and really did play like champions, particularly from 30 mins onwards. We could've been 2-1 up at half time but Sammy was so unlucky twice.

Some of the football we played second half was like the stuff you see Arsenal play on MOTD. ****in superb! Two superb goals second half and it could've been a few more. Millar's effort off the post and Savo's header the two that stick out.

Can't fault anyone in that team today. Main had nothing to do but took crosses well, Irvine and Craig both superb going forward, can't speak highly enough of Caff and Rusty, solid as rocks. Millar back to his best, Hardie rising to the occasion as always, Mooner I thought was fantastic and Sheerin, words can't really describe how good a footballer that man is. Savo was on form and two great finishes, Sammy has been great the last few games and had McManus shitting his pants from minute one! Jody did well, Swankie too and Holmer was excellent when he came on and setup the brilliant third.

Oh I'm so happy I think I'm in heaven tonight. Just me and the wee one at home having a wee celebration to ourselves. Saintees round the world I hope you're having a great night! SPL - Here we come!

I posted this on another thread but it made my day today:

My eight year old daughter attended her first game today and just as the team completed their lap of honour she tugged my sleeve and asked

"Daddy, is it like this every week?" :laugh:

Quality moment, she's hooked!

The Ghost has landed. What a day, what a great fecking day:D. The team saved the best till last. Never felt like there was going to be any danger( even at 1-0 down). EVERY player played their hearts out today and made me very proud to be a Saints fan.I don't think I am going overboard by saying we were outstanding. Hardie was immense, Sammy was immense, Mooner was immense.They were all immense. I attended the player of the year awards after the match in the Muirton suite and all the players were there. Got some good photos but I don't have the technology to post them here. I will stick em on Saints fans of the world unite some time soon. Then off to the 208 and another awards ceremony. Great to see so many forumers today.Well done Saints. So proud

Party time at Airdrie next week...

Champions..:D:D:D:D:D

object>

Great display today. Mooner ran the show in the first half & Millar showed that he can play wide right. There were no failures & if only Sammy could play like that more often.

Most of the good displays have been away this season so it was great that we saw today what they can do.

For the team to produce a performance like that on an occasion that meant so much was simply magnificent. There were so many fantastic displays and how many times did the Wizard rip the pish out of a Morton player today. (Certainly worth another year's contract).

The goals were all excelent but particularly the second which must rank as one of the goals of the season. It had everything in it right down to the magnificent first time top corner finish. It was an awesome goal and came at the right time. Full credit to Saints though for not taking the foot of the pedal and enteratining right to the end. That performance really was up with the Airdrie 3-1 game for the sheer entertainment and excitement on offer.

Couldn't help myself at the end and made it onto the pitch with the weans.

Well done to most of the Morton fans for the sporting treatment of the Under 17's and especially those who stayed to see us get the trophy.

All together now Stand up for the Champions although I suspect that I might not be able to do that by the end of the night!

I've been an East Stand season ticket holder for several years now - I go with my sister and my 8 year old daughter. I made a point of taking my daughter down onto the pitch at the end as stuff like this just doesn't happen very often when your a Saints fan and I wanted her to experience what it's like ... she hasn't stopped talking about it ever since :laugh: That's why days like today are the best in the world! :cool:

I've been an East Stand season ticket holder for several years now - I go with my sister and my 8 year old daughter. I made a point of taking my daughter down onto the pitch at the end as stuff like this just doesn't happen very often when your a Saints fan and I wanted her to experience what it's like ... she hasn't stopped talking about it ever since :laugh: That's why days like today are the best in the world! :cool:

nice and whats does your sister look like is she nice?

Excellent, best home performance of the season, sexy football! Every single player was fantastic, Hardie looks back to his best and Sammy has come on to a real game. Who needs Jody when you've got Mooner and Peanut?

Hopefully Del can get the balance right between defence and attack next season, and we get a few more performances like that!

Well feel free to educate me (said more in hope than expectation)

Arse!

Hate to say I told you so (and a few others agreed and backed me up) but 101 Saint in particular, listen to Derek's interview between the time of 1:04 and 1:30.

That my friend, is a fact!!

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/audioplayback.php?param=373

I'll even make it easy for you so you dont have to listen because i know your a busy man making up rubbish stories (Martin Hardie is on his death bed, we've the highest budget of any First Division team for 500 years ect ect)

"There was a feeling that there was a lot of money thrown at this . . . I think there was a lot of people saying, 'we spent this, we spent that' and we've got the highest budget, by no means have we got the biggest budget in this division". (McInnes, D. 2009)

"There was a feeling that there was a lot of money thrown at this . . . I think there was a lot of people saying, 'we spent this, we spent that' and we've got the highest budget, by no means have we got the biggest budget in this division". (McInnes, D. 2009)

Thats probably quite a good spin on things though.

I would say that we have the 2nd highest bugdet in the league this season, probably behind Dunfermline who, its no secret, have players tied into contracts that they cant afford to terminate and have been running at a loss. All SPL wages.

dont get me wrong, full of admiration for what has been achieved, just my take on things. The fact is, we have escaped from this hell hole and I am bloody well glad of it!!

Never has my hang-over felt so good:D

Super performance from the team even at 2-1 we kept going forward. Every player is a hero!2cups in one day. great pitch invasion(my wee ones loved it) on my shoulders singing "are you watching dundee scum?"

the 2nd goal was world class.

Hamilton?what hamilton-"SPL here we come"