#39 - 02/05/09 - Greenock Morton (h)

Huge game saturday (obviously) dont know about everyone else but im pretty nervous about this game.

Teamwise we should go with..

Main (Legend)

Irvine Ruti Caff Craig

Millar Moon Hardie Sheerin

Savo Samuel

Subs: McLean, Homer, Kinniburgh, Swankie, Barrett.

Heart says 1 or 2 nil Saints but head says 0-0 with Airdrie winning making the title chase going to the last day :sad:

Hope im wrong.

If Airdrie win we are Champions..I hope your right:laugh:

Huge game saturday (obviously) dont know about everyone else but im pretty nervous about this game.

Main (Legend)

Irvine Ruti Caff Craig

Savo Samuel

Heart says 1 or 2 nil Saints but head says 0-0 with Airdrie winning making the title chase going to the last day :sad:

Hope im wrong.

If Airdrie win the league will be over. (Do you mean if Partick win?)

Main (Legend)

Irvine Ruti Caff Craig

Savo Samuel

Hope im wrong.

No Jody?

I don't rate Mooner and don't see setting the heather alight any time soon. Hopefully I am proved wrong but I see him as nothing more than an average 1st divison player.

Tin hat on.

I am very surprised to read this. I think he has shown signs of being a seriously good player. At his age and with the attitude he appears to have his appetite will get him far. I have no doubts. Better than anything we've brought through in years!

Because?
Experience, doesnt waste a pass. Willing to accept a ball even in tight spaces. Gives the defence a confidence with him in front. Can spot a pass on even if the players around him dont.

He is something that we havent seen, hes not an attacking player and is criticised for not bombing forward or appearing to break up the play. first class and we are lucky to have him both on, and off the park.

Moon is still great though.

Experience, doesnt waste a pass. Willing to accept a ball even in tight spaces. Gives the defence a confidence with him in front. Can spot a pass on even if the players around him dont.

He is something that we havent seen, hes not an attacking player and is criticised for not bombing forward or appearing to break up the play. first class and we are lucky to have him both on, and off the park.

Moon is still great though.

Hmmm... I don't wanna nit-pick your post because you actually post your own stuff (as opposed to forum rhetoric) but I don't see why those attributes cause him to rank higher than Moon.

I think Mooner does all those things whilst also being a goal threat. He is also fitter and less likely to get sent off. He will always take a yellow card for the good of the team and he doesn't slow the play down. I disagree about his off-park contribution.

I would play him every game, though!

Hmmm... I don't wanna nit-pick your post because you actually post your own stuff (as opposed to forum rhetoric) but I don't see why those attributes cause him to rank higher than Moon.

I think Mooner does all those things whilst also being a goal threat. He is also fitter and less likely to get sent off. He will always take a yellow card for the good of the team and he doesn't slow the play down. I disagree about his off-park contribution.

Yeah as I said I think each of our midfielders bring different qualities. I think Morris class will become clearer next season, I can see why a Kevin Moon or an attack minded Liam Craig would be preferred by many for a home encounter against Morton etc etc. I just think our team is a better SPL Team and Jody has to be at the heart of that, probably with Moon his partner.

He is also fitter and less likely to get sent off.

How did you come up with that nugget? Jody Morris has never been sent off for Saints and neither has Kevin Moon. I don't know how you can say that one is any more likely to be sent off than the other.

Because Jody has very poor control of his emotions.

Okay...what evidence is there for that?

I feel that they are both great players for us. Due to injuries we have not seen the best of either but Morris is closer to the finished article. We have won less with him in the team but that could just be a coincidence and the the same is true with Mooner.

Okay...what evidence is there for that?

Visual and audio evidence. Watch the way he approaches referees when he's all het up, some of his language leaves a lot to be desired and plenty of his tackles involve less than cute retribution. Admittedly, he is more controlled in games than at other times but I fear for him being red carded in at least every second game.

Visual and audio evidence. Watch the way he approaches referees when he's all het up, some of his language leaves a lot to be desired and plenty of his tackles involve less than cute retribution. Admittedly, he is more controlled in games than at other times but I fear for him being red carded in at least every second game.

I think you are being a bit harsh there 101.... He is an uncompromising midfielder that referees unfortunately do not know how to handle in the SFL. A move up to SPL will result in more 'understanding' referees I hope.

Morris is a fantastic midfielder and when fully fit would be one of the first names on the team sheet.

He creates so much space for himself and others, he never wastes a pass, is a ball winner and also allows the other centre mid to push forward.

Moon is a great player and will become a vital player in years to come for us in the future but even he would admit that he has a lot to learn from Jody.

Anyway.... 3-0 Saints on Saturday, forget the Partick game, we will do this ourselves!

I come at this from a slightly different angle - and hopefully not forum rhetoric - which is the current spate of dispute/debate about midfield players is great to behold and confirms that we have a strong variation in arguably the most important part of modern football, we don't have to answer the question Moon or Morris because a good Saints team could feature both, regularly. Equally we do not have to answer the often posed question Craig or Sheerin on the left, both have played very effectively in our team this season. Its good web-debate, but every team in the Fisrt and a few in the SPL would like to have Millar, Moon, Morris, Hardie, Sheerin and Craig to call on. Its then down to tactics, the opposition, events, home or away, suspensions and of course injuries as to who plays and why.

I must say I like the way 101 gets behind Moon - any true Saints fan should follow suit and get behind Sheerin's apprentice.

This is the big one...I'll be there! I really hope Hardie is fit and plays we could really use him to fight Paartalu in midfield, also i think he/mooner or morris will have to be on their game to shud down Jenkins and McGuffrie, one good thing is that McAllistar and Masterton i think are out so i actually think Irons will go for a brute attacking strength and try to use the big guys in midfield and up front, Rusty will have to fight off Weatherston and Caff can get Grady (B******!) in his back pocket. tight game....draw is my prediction.