McInnes To Leave Saints?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I want to further invigorate what is a so-far unsubstantiated rumour, but I did find GB's lack of clarity on this issue to be slightly concerning.

That said, why have championship teams gone overboard with Scots' managers? I'm sure there are plenty of qualified candidates in various English leagues- and let's face it- Div 1 is comparatively fairly low down the leagues in England.

Del to stay- as GB says, he would get more from taking Saints through a season in the SPL, with no real detriment to his CV if it all goes wrong. Del would get a sniff at (I suspect) better quality teams than a guy who has been in charge for 18 months and not really proven beyond an SFL promotion. This is hopefully just the usual close-season rubbish. He ain't Ronaldo!

I'm not much bothered if he goes. Probably as well he does, to get it over with. Otherwise, throughout next season any time a vacancy comes up he'll be linked to it and it'll be unsettling for the players and club.

SPL is so weak we'll have no difficulty staying up, whoever the manager is.

I believe he will stay for at least another year. WBA want promotion to the EPL, McInnes has never brought in big money players, never really had big pressure on him, whereas Irvine is a more mature and sensible option. And its not like they now lack the cash

too much talk about this subject, i would really be surprised if indeed he were to stay? although it could be a blessing in disguise. I could have got Saints promoted out the first division this season!

Would very much like him to stay though, see what he has got to offer in a tougher climate.