Boycott the new strip?

Sainteesean

Now, I genuinley dont really care how the team looks. As said many a time before, its how we play. This new strip is that awful and amatuerish that I will most definitely not be purchasing it. I dont know if I am in the minority or anything here when I say what i will be saying, but I would fully support any kind of action against these monstrositys. The worst part has to be the Awful White circular sponsor, just what were they thinking when they designed it and thought it looked fine. I am also not impressed with the strip we have on the back (where our players names should be?). This is supposed to be us 'stepping up to the plate' as our first year back in with the 'big boys' of the SPL for a while, but frankly, if we play as bad as we will look. we will be lucky to reach half of Gretnas SPL points total.

Opinions, etc? :oops::neutral:

"rich" has just confirmed (despite having many calls) that surrige will NOT do the top without the sponsor.

For the record.. i do not actually want a boycott.

Edited by Sainteesean
update..

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I dinnae ken if it is boycotting it but there's no-way I'm buying that top as it is.. Remove(or make much smaller and in an oblong box) the stupid fecking logo and I think it looks okay.. If the logo remains I'm going hunting for a new last years away top or my third yellow top.. as I still want to contribute to the club. I may well just send them a donation of £40...

I don't think we are going to change anything but I'm for the OPs idea and you'll see me at McDiarmid next year in my 2 year old yellow or white stripes becuase I don't see myself buying this new piece of trash.

God, even if the white section was triangular, even if it was a quadratral polygon. Anything but this stupid boiled egg.

I just spoke with surridge sales who confirmed they will NOT provide the new home top without a sponsor and funny enough they have had several calls asking the same.....

I'll be buying the black/gold training top this season as that effort is pish.

Asking people to boycott the strip is a bit daft and immature! It might be rank but everyone is big enough and ugly enough to decide if they want to buy one and suggesting a boycott is only going to harm the club. Logistically its too late to change the strip now, your stuck with it for the season

A wee bit of over reaction from some above me there, but I will say this:

The home top is shocking. Apart from anything else, if I was the MD of Taylor Wimpey I would not be happy at the poor logo.

Saints - Should have consulted the fans (we buy the strips)

Surridge - Stick to boy's clubs strips

Easy Leak - Ill let you off.

Taylor Wimpey - Yer logos stinky.

Right. i'm away for my tea.

Can I take it then that you reckon we should only accept sponsorship from company's with an approved logo and if nobody's logo suits then we just say stuff your cash we'd rather have an eye catching design.

I would guess that the logo was designed (or may well be the actual company logo) by Taylor Wimpey and therefore nothing to do with either Saints or Surridge.

The way folk on here have been moaning for weeks about Surridge, this mock outrage at the design is not surprising, but to suggest boycott's etc is just crazy, if you don't like it, don't buy it, but don't start a personal crusade to deprive the club of much needed cash.

As Aitchy says get a grip.

Can I take it then that you reckon we should only accept sponsorship from company's with an approved logo and if nobody's logo suits then we just say stuff your cash we'd rather have an eye catching design.

I would guess that the logo was designed (or may well be the actual company logo) by Taylor Wimpey and therefore nothing to do with either Saints or Surridge.

The way folk on here have been moaning for weeks about Surridge, this mock outrage at the design is not surprising, but to suggest boycott's etc is just crazy, if you don't like it, don't buy it, but don't start a personal crusade to deprive the club of much needed cash.

As Aitchy says get a grip.

no need to do that, the club have done that themselves by giving the go ahead to this strip.

no need to do that, the club have done that themselves by giving the go ahead to this strip.

As I said what was the other option, tell Taylor Wimpey to get tae because there logo is crap?

Great business decision that would have been. Any chance you can change you Forum name, given that now you reckon he wasn't?

As I said what was the other option, tell Taylor Wimpey to get tae because there logo is crap?

Great business decision that would have been. Any chance you can change you Forum name, given that now you reckon he wasn't?

All i'm saying is people who dont like it then probably wont buy it. There will always be people who will buy it every year but others will only buy it if they like it. That's how I feel and therefore wont buy it and hence i'm sure the club will lose money on this poorly designed strip.

I can't see me buying as it looks awful. It is possible to tweak the design as I am sure the logo can be made to look good on the shirt, but that won't happen as no doubt they have already made the shirts. Hopefully the shirt will grow me when I see it in the flesh.

Who knows but maybe we'll spot fellow Saints supporters by the paper bags over their heads when they wear the shirts?

Don't like the home top at all, and they both look a bit cheap IMO. Will likely end up getting the away top though. I think the maroon colour suits the style much better, and must be in the minority who thinks it looks ok.