Reflecting Well (Ex Saints in the News).

O'Rourke

Was there a sickness bug at Deepdale as he has only flirted with the subs bench of late? Good that he took his chance and hit the onion bag anyway.

think with Preston out of the running for the play-offs there resting a few players giving ,may a chance - cracking strike

Got subbed after 65, though. Result wasn't good - home draw against sh ite team (ironically one of those who tried to sign Stevie). Let's hope for more appearances and goals, anyway. Saints legend. 

PNE fan here. It was a bloody bad injury and our manager says we won't see the real Stevie until next season once he has a full preseason under his belt. Before the injury he looked better than any of our other strikers but we were playing very defensively all season and that didn't really suit his style of play. I'd say he was one of the best players on the pitch on Saturday. He knows how to pick out a pass and made all the right runs and of course scored that worldy. If that isn't the real Stevie I can't wait to see him next season.

How's Clive Smith doing by the way? 

PNE fan here. It was a bloody bad injury and our manager says we won't see the real Stevie until next season once he has a full preseason under his belt. Before the injury he looked better than any of our other strikers but we were playing very defensively all season and that didn't really suit his style of play. I'd say he was one of the best players on the pitch on Saturday. He knows how to pick out a pass and made all the right runs and of course scored that worldy. If that isn't the real Stevie I can't wait to see him next season.

Smith got a couple of starts due to Foster being suspended and did really well. Was a bit unlucky to drop back to the bench when Foster was available, but Foster has been one of our most consistent performers since he signed

Smith has just been voted by this site our young player of the year on the back of one and a half games. Was thrown in to the team in difficult circumstances and did very well.

hes got big competition with Barkhuizen - he looks a player

hes got big competition with Barkhuizen - he looks a player

We got him for barely 100k from Morecambe and he's scored more in 4 months than Ross McCormack, a multi million pound signing at Villa in an entire season. I have to say I wasn't expecting much from him coming league 2 but he's already proved his value. Don't forget though that he's more comfortable on the right wing so hopefully We'll see him and May play together.

Stevie has a lot to do to establish himself but I think he's going to be a revelation next season. His luck has been appalling in England but hopefully that goal on Saturday will give him back some of his confidence.

"Fran Sandaza is on the brink of running out at the Bernabeu and the Nou Camp next season as Girona edge ever closer to promotion to La Liga. The 32-year-old striker is still bitter that he was kicked out at Rangers four years by Charles Green after he revealed details of his contract in a prank phone call that was posted online. "I trusted them and they became the worst club I have ever played for in my career," says Sandaza. "The treatment I received was terrible - and that was from everyone. Nobody connected with the club stuck up for me - not even Ally McCoist."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15258287.Sandaza_poised_for_La_Liga_but_remains_bitter_about_his_treatment_at_Rangers/?ref=mr&lp=9