Reflecting Well (Ex Saints in the News).

O'Rourke

"Fran Sandaza is on the brink of running out at the Bernabeu and the Nou Camp next season as Girona edge ever closer to promotion to La Liga. The 32-year-old striker is still bitter that he was kicked out at Rangers four years by Charles Green after he revealed details of his contract in a prank phone call that was posted online. "I trusted them and they became the worst club I have ever played for in my career," says Sandaza. "The treatment I received was terrible - and that was from everyone. Nobody connected with the club stuck up for me - not even Ally McCoist."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15258287.Sandaza_poised_for_La_Liga_but_remains_bitter_about_his_treatment_at_Rangers/?ref=mr&lp=9

I was in Girona last year and asked some locals about Fran. They really rated him!

Gorgeous place to visit in Catalonia. #Independence #freedom 

Stevie played the full ninety for Preston today at Wolves, lost one nil.

His old mucker Nigel scored again for Excelsior in Holland, a resounding win against champions elect Feyenoord. 3-0 the last time I looked.

Was in Wolverhampton for the match. The players seem to have already gone off for their summer holidays. Stevie was probably our best performer, made all the right runs but just lacked that final product really. 

A very promising show nonetheless.

Great to hear positive stuff from Preston fans, sounds like the boy is showing the same strengths as he did here, minus the barrow load of goals but here's hoping they'll come.

I'm a bit of a Wolves fan actually, but I did have a wee bet on Stevie to score.

Great to hear positive stuff from Preston fans, sounds like the boy is showing the same strengths as he did here, minus the barrow load of goals but here's hoping they'll come.

I'm a bit of a Wolves fan actually, but I did have a wee bet on Stevie to score.

A lot of us want him to go back to Scotland for our good and his in the summer so he can get his career back on track. It's not worked out here yet and a few don't think he is good enough. Our manager has confirmed he's staying and he has a year on his contract. Next season is a big season for Stevie and the club, and hopefully he'll play a pivotal role in the latter and earn a new contract. 

Only time will tell however but I think he has a very bright future ahead of him.

Did not realise that Bryn Halliwell played for Morton, Kudus Oyenuga  scored for them against United in the 1-1 draw on Saturday.

IT is Halliwell's second spell at Morton, (previously having served a short stint in 2009) currently  on loan from Gartcairn Juniors till the of the season.

His full time occupation is a fireman at Edinburgh Airport, where he went immediately after the game.

Elgin managed to miss out on the play offs. With ten minutes to go they were sitting fourth but failed to score to beat Cowdenbeath whilst Montrose equalised with Clyde to send them back above Elgin.

Really did fall away for them in the last quarter of the season as they failed to win any of their last ten games.