The Celtic Tickets Thread

The Real Saints

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he's absolutely correct. I'd never be able to justify spending hundreds of my hard earned pounds to attend one, essentially meaningless, game. I hope I never struggle to justify the cost of a season ticket.

This web site gives Duff a very hard time and it's almost all unjustified. All of it is uncalled for.

You have described him fairly well above... and he deals with fans in that manner, no wonder he gets a hard time... and for him being correct in his statement... this just proves, once and for all, that you just argue for argument's sake... :roll:

I apologise to Duff for even mentioning his name on this thread. It turns out not be relevant and has just led to off-topic arguments.

I hope the club push this as far as they can and applaud them for making this information public.

Thats only your opinion 101. Not a meaningless game to many though. Possibly the only chance some might have got to represent their team abroad in a European tie...I am begining to think that you just like arguing for the sake of it.:laugh:

It's meaningless because ultimately it's a booze cruise and a game of football. In terms of the Vassa game its a game of football against a team of unknowns.

The point I am making is that on this very forum I read, almost daily, that our prices are too high. I read about poor little working man, I am told that pricing is the biggest reason for crap attendances...and then I read about all the folk who went to Finland and Monte Carlo.

I couldn't afford either at the time, I couldn't justify either now. I don't claim to a pauper because I'm not. How folk can spend hundreds of pounds for one match and then bitch about Scottish prices is simply beyond me.

You have described him fairly well above... and he deals with fans in that manner, no wonder he gets a hard time...

He doesn't get a hard time because of his attitude, he gets a hard time in general. Dev has been man enough to apologise for his comments but most folk don't possess that level of courtesy/decency.

It should also be noted that he whilst he can be awkward and patronising, he can also be extremely good company. Trouble is, most folk on here only see him in action on match days when he's under huge pressure.

How folk can spend hundreds of pounds for one match and then bitch about Scottish prices is simply beyond me.

The "bitching" about Scottish prices (and English as well) is not due to the fact that some of us choose to spend hundreds of pounds effectively going on holiday, including a game of football, but is the pricing in comparison to these countries.

An example often used is that of the Bundesliga and Serie A where it generally costs approximately £10 per game to sit in some great stadia and watch teams like Schalke, Dortmund, Leverkusen, AC Milan, Inter, Juventus etc. yet fans are charged 60/70% more to watch Mark Campbell battle it out with Mickael Antoine-Curier in Kirkcaldy!

I actually think the £20 a game is good for the SPL and I know that when I can make the matches I will be paying it, however when you compare the product to that being offed in the Eurozone at a superior level then you can see where complaints come from.

I have just phoned Celtic Park. The Stewards will be directing patrons to their correct seat. You will only be allowed to sit in that seat if you have a valid ticket (assuming that the 'real' person turns up).

There was an issue at Parkhead going back two years. Apparently after several succesful attempts by away fans to reclaim full ticket value as they were misold a product - they have tightened up.

This came from a young lady in the ticket office.

The point I am making is that on this very forum I read, almost daily, that our prices are too high. I read about poor little working man, I am told that pricing is the biggest reason for crap attendances...and then I read about all the folk who went to Finland and Monte Carlo.

I feel the prices are too high, particularly as I am part of a family of 2 adults and 2 kids who go every week - and if Saints had put the season ticket prices up to what you suggested there would have been a lot more complaints about prices, most of them directed at Mr Duff for no other reason than the fact that he is the Managing Director and people feel the buck stops with him and him alone whereas these decisions are discussed and made at board level.

I feel Mr Duff cannot win...:roll:

I feel the prices are too high, particularly as I am part of a family of 2 adults and 2 kids who go every week - and if Saints had put the season ticket prices up to what you suggested there would have been a lot more complaints about prices, most of them directed at Mr Duff for no other reason than the fact that he is the Managing Director and people feel the buck stops with him and him alone whereas these decisions are discussed and made at board level.

I feel Mr Duff cannot win...:roll:

Yeah but if they had taken my pricing structure, whilst you would have paid an extra £30 (£15 per adult ST) you would have saved an extra £100+ over the gate price (£25 gate price and £30 for all ticket games)!

My proposal would probably have offered a price freeze on 2010/11 ST prices. I have heard two locally based tycoons speaking about the impact of static wages in the coming 18-24 months. If they are right, the critics will sharpen their claws if/when we raise prices next year.

Also, if my auntie hud ba's, she'd be ma uncle!

Anyway, your dead right; Duff gets it in the neck all the time. Lay off the bloke, he's proper Saints.

An example often used is that of the Bundesliga and Serie A where it generally costs approximately £10 per game to sit in some great stadia and watch teams like Schalke, Dortmund, Leverkusen, AC Milan, Inter, Juventus etc. yet fans are charged 60/70% more to watch Mark Campbell battle it out with Mickael Antoine-Curier in Kirkcaldy!

Due to ignorance and lack of interest, I cannot argue with this statement. However, I would caution against plucking such isolated figures. The cost of living fluctuates wildly throughout Europe (and by extension, the world) and it is irrelevant to know the price of a game of football in isolation. How much does milk, bread and a PA cost in Germany? What is the average wage of a Schalke fan? How much do they pay for Bovril etc.

I'm not saying your right, I'm not saying your wrong I'm just saying that you ain't necessarily comparing apples with apples. Or as Ghostie would put, "The cnut's arguing for the sake of it! insert picture of arguing vagina"

i'm not too fussed about the restricted view as i have sat their lots of times an still managed to have a good view, in fact even better than those in the main with unrestricted view(yeah unrestricted view of danny graingers studs your that low down).

i'm just hoping that 600 will be enough. with us just being back in the spl id imagine us to take more.

correct me if i'm wrong but last time we were their on league duty did we not jus get the 250 in the main stand? due to us not filling the unrestricted view area?

prices are steep considering i paid £28 to watch frankfurt play nurnberg on sat in the bundesliga, had great seats, 2nd tier....was still txting my pal to see what the saints score was tho:) Both sets of fans were truely amazing, no trouble and the 4000 or so away fans stood throughout the game singing away....had to laugh at the ultras on the fence not even watching the game tho getting the fans going etc-best atmosphere i've ever experienced

Thats me purchased mine, this not having a season ticket thing gives me a nervous wait for tickets, but it always works out fine in the end! Looking forward to the day as a whole, hopefully we can put up a better fight than the dons, watched the highlight of that last night and their defending was shambolic. McGeady and Maloney ran the show on the wings, and my big concern it that they will do the same given more space offered at Celtic Park, could be a few nervous moments for Grainger and probably MacKay.

I see the credit crunch has hit celtic too. how crap do the tickets look compared to what we used to get?

And whats the deal with the child tickets saying £22 on them?

there could easily be 722 adults in there. They dont know how many children would go so wouldnt print child tickets on the off chance.

If you look at the tickets there is an extra perforated tab on the adult tickets.