#03 - 22/08/09 - Celtic 5-2 Saints - SPL

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't know what planet hardie was on for todays game!

I thought we missed him when he was not playing. Needed someone to put Scott Brown on his arse and he did exactly that. I doubt we made more than 10 successful tackles in the whole game. Very poor in that respect.

can't say I'm very happy - how can we lose to celtic 2-1 at hampden, beat rangers at ibrox, hold them again at a semi final then get thumped in the league

Em, because they're one off cup games, 2 were at Hampden (not their own grounds) and both teams were different. Past results count for nothing. We went, had a go, stuck to our gameplan and got a couple of goals. Yes the defence was poor but Celtic looked really good and we can't compete with them or Rangers on a regular basis. On to next week.

Well done to the Saints fans there today - you did us proud.

Em, because they're one off cup games, 2 were at Hampden (not their own grounds) and both teams were different. Past results count for nothing. We went, had a go, stuck to our gameplan and got a couple of goals. Yes the defence was poor but Celtic looked really good and we can't compete with them or Rangers on a regular basis. On to next week.

Well done to the Saints fans there today - you did us proud.

not disgraced but we damn nearly were, 5-2 though is equivalent to 3-0 and i'd rather get two goals and concede mroe than lose 3-0

Kept trying to play football but you should never congratulate a heavy defeat. Defence was piss poor and midfiled were over commiting themselves.

Pass marks to Sammy and Morris though.

Agree that we can't really congratulate a defeat Broon but can you imagine what some of the folk on here would be saying if we'd adopted ugly tactics and ended up maybe losing 1-0/2-0? Depends if you prefer to have a go and play football (knowing that a far superior side like Celtic may well exploit that) or adopt a Rangers/Scotland approach and try to kill the game and steal something.

Agree that we can't really congratulate a defeat Broon but can you imagine what some of the folk on here would be saying if we'd adopted ugly tactics and ended up maybe losing 1-0/2-0? Depends if you prefer to have a go and play football (knowing that a far superior side like Celtic may well exploit that) or adopt a Rangers/Scotland approach and try to kill the game and steal something.

I see your point. You can keep it tight and still try and attack though. I think its about getting the balance right - today we were lambs to the slaughter. I think going forward we're good but we need to protect our full backs who are quite weak when ran at.

Kept trying to play football but you should never congratulate a heavy defeat. Defence was piss poor and midfiled were over commiting themselves.

Pass marks to Sammy and Morris though.

Shite, heavy defeat my arse. Saints were up against a better team away from home and scored a couple of crackers. The effort was there and therefore should be applauded, this is a learing curve for the team and you need to break a few eggs to make an omelette.

Getting beat by that type of score at home would be a heavy defeat.