Share Issue: St Johnstone FC

O'Rourke

What is the current share split? I can't recall how many as a % were offered up last time to the public.

I don't think it would be a good idea at present- comments of raising 1m seem a bit far-fetched, unless Geoff sold a serious amount of shares. In future, there may be more than one investor, so to dilute the ownership too much would be a bit of a hurdle for potential investors and trying to buy back shares from supporters wouldn't happen. Keep it as it is. Saints could maybe look at a small sell-off of say 5%, or create another investment vehicle so that supporters could own 'something', but I dare say that they'd have to put a premium on it to make it worthwhile, and in reality, would they get the numbers to make it worthwhile? I doubt it.

According to the latest accounts there are 680 000 ordinary shares at £0.25 each which = £157.5k so even GB doesn't have £1m in shares. Therefore raising £1m in a share rights issue is pure fantasy. As for putting a premium on it to make say a 5% sell-off worthwhile, no dividends have ever been paid out so, like those who bought the original shares, anyone buying shares would simply be making a donation to the club.

Say you could buy a "share" of the club you love for £50 or even £100, I would think there would be a respectable take up. Personally I would love to have a St Johnstone "Share Certificate" on my wall and would never expect a penny back for being able to say I "owned" a part of the club.

Sell us some bricks or something. I would take a 'piece' of that!

I have a great idea, what they should do is fill the ormond stand with cardboard cutouts and we could each have our names and faces put on them for a price. Honestly you cant fault it!! :roll:

Dont think a share issue would work particularly well as there wouldn't be enough interest to make it worth while. The great thing about having a large majority share holder is things get decided quickly, and it becomes yax efficient for them.

There is a big difference between being interested in your club and wanting to influence the way it is run.Anyone with these aspirations would need loads of wonga.My pal and his dad are long term shareholders at Hearts and you know what say anyone other than Romanov has there !

• 8 years later...
On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2010 at 9:59 PM, slf said:

sod a stupid share certificate why dont we all chip in and buy a blue and white choo choo for away games.

and maybe we could save and make the stadiums seats all blue too.

from 8 years ago.i agree .wow.

we should do a crowd funding doo dah for the above.crowd funders are all the rage.