Scotland v Macedonia

Mike180279

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Browns a little prima-donna shite. I actually quite like him in a Celtic shirt. I think he's quite driven and talented and probably the best old firm player. Easy to look shit hot against Kilmarnock and St Mirren though innit?

Best player on the park today by a mile.

Scott Browns a little prima-donna shite. I actually quite like him in a Celtic shirt. I think he's quite driven and talented and probably the best old firm player. Easy to look shit hot against Kilmarnock and St Mirren though innit?

bet u feel like a t*** now eh???? best player on the park.....

You bet I feel like a t***? Not really. I still think Scott Browns an undisciplined piece of shit and as much as I admire what he can do with a football he's your typical young lad footballer. Complete tosser.

I was actualy hoping Macedonia would draw one back or even win just to put off this deluded scent of hope that we have any chance of qualification.

Oh look, I just described that my opinion was contrary to what you thought, bet you feel like a t*** now.

Scott Brown although not there yet has the potential to become a very very good player. Today was a good example of this, if he learns to screw the nut and stop thinking he's the 'big I am', which would come from a serious injury, ala Hutton, or a fall from grace, or a move to a big club with better players.

MacFadden once again proved how horrificly overated he is. That miss was attrotious(sp?) and the goal was such bad defending, the five year olds I look after would be ashamed. Unfortunatly the papers tomorrow will be full of headlines say how he's done i again and how great he is.

Also did anyone catch the end of the radio coverage, Chick Young said to Gary Caldwell, who was the pitch side reporter, "lets hope you score the winning goal on wedensday", the form he's been on of late he could easily score it for Holland. :-P

MacFadden once again proved how horrificly overated he is. That miss was attrotious(sp?) and the goal was such bad defending, the five year olds I look after would be ashamed. Unfortunatly the papers tomorrow will be full of headlines say how he's done i again and how great he is.

Yeah the miss was bad, but he's not overrated at all. He's one of the only players Scotland have with genuine quality.

Glad to make it to the game today as despite leaving Perth at 10.15 my car decided to die and only made it to the game with the help of the RAC, who towed us from the A8 to Hampden as the driver did not want us to miss the game.

I thought the team and the fans were very poor in the first half but what ever Burley said at half time did the trick and the fans also got up for the match

I for one am looking forward to Wednesday

Yeah the miss was bad, but he's not overrated at all. He's one of the only players Scotland have with genuine quality.

Sorry, can't agree with you saying he isn't over rated, he's made out to be a superstar when really he's time and time again proved to be average. I'll admit in certain moments, he can be great but he's by no means a bankable comodity. I'm not saying he isn't good, just that every time scotland play he's made out to be a match winner but he just isnt reliable. and he can't do it week in week out. Darren Fletcher and Craig Gordon are the real stars you can rely on.

What I'm trying to say is that he's a big game player. And even then he often has terrible misses in the same games. Happened in the Paris match, happened in the Holland match in 99 and happened today.

Sorry, can't agree with you saying he isn't over rated, he's made out to be a superstar when really he's time and time again proved to be average. I'll admit in certain moments, he can be great but he's by no means a bankable comodity. I'm not saying he isn't good, just that every time scotland play he's made out to be a match winner but he just isnt reliable. and he can't do it week in week out. Darren Fletcher and Craig Gordon are the real stars you can rely on.

What I'm trying to say is that he's a big game player. And even then he often has terrible misses in the same games. Happened in the Paris match, happened in the Holland match in 99 and happened today.

I dont agree chris. Faddy is the ONLY person in the scotland setup to actually have a bit of genuine quality and make something happen (+hutton who can drift past players). Fletcher is consistant but has alot of stray passes which can be frustrating

I dont agree chris. Faddy is the ONLY person in the scotland setup to actually have a bit of genuine quality and make something happen (+hutton who can drift past players). Fletcher is consistant but has alot of stray passes which can be frustrating

Maloney as well but he's also horribly inconsistent!

Also Brown and S. Fletcher will go onto be better players than MacFadden.

Another thing Miller has done more for scotland long term. The games against Italy in the 2000/2002 qualifying campaigns. Works harder and always always gives 100% every game. He doesnt get the same spectacular results but he does try and he does get the odd goal.

As I said Im not saying he hasnt got that bit of skill and quality but he doesnt preform anywhere near as much as his reptation would suggest!

Edited by gingermunkie

Maloney as well but he's also horribly inconsistent!

Also Brown and S. Fletcher will go onto be better players than MacFadden.

Another thing Miller has done more for scotland long term. The games against Italy in the 2000/2002 qualifying campaigns. Works harder and always always gives 100% every game. He doesnt get the same spectacular results but he does try and he does get the odd goal.

As I said Im not saying he hasnt got that bit of skill and quality but he doesnt preform anywhere near as much as his reptation would suggest!

i'd rather have a proven goalscorer than someone who runs about like a headless chicken and is likely to miss the few chances he gets

Is it just me that think in a Scotland jersey Craig Gordon is the best goalkeeper in the world, ive never seen him have a bad game with Scotland, even when padev was through yesterday i never felt in danger

Agree with you there - Gordon is a world class goalkeeper. Fantastic saves to keep the scores level and led by example.

Couldnt make the game yesterday for work reasons but looking forward to cheering the boys on on Wednesday! :D

The key problem with people like you is you elevate players like McFadden only to say they don't reach those levels so you can turn around and accuse them of being "not as good as his reputation suggests".

He's a mostly average player who is capable of the occasional dynamite burst of skill and guile that can win us games. He isn't a superstar. He plays for Birmingham for **** sake.