St Mirren V St Johnstone 12/09/09

SaintDougie

I'm definitely going, but I'll be driving through on the Friday night and not coming back until the Sunday. Nikki's away all day on the Saturday until about 11pm, so I've got free reign of her flat in Paisley all day.

If you're going to a pub somewhere in Paisley let me know and I'm sure I can be persuaded to have a couple of pints.

Train times for anyone considering are as follows;

Depart

EDIN WAVERLEY:11:39

GLASGOW CENT:12:50 - 13:05 (change)

PAISLEY:13:22

Return

PAISLEY GLIMOUR ST:18:31

GLASGOW CENTRAL:18:43 - 18:43

GLASGOW QUEENS ST: 19:15 - 19:15

EDINBURGH WAVERLEY:20:37

Quite tricky with changes and also a different station from Paisley on return.

Plenty time for beerskies though

Edited by SaintDougie

I'm pretty sure the Cottage was the pub they used to film the pub scenes in Chewing the Fat. Bit of a dump, but there's absolutely nothing around the new ground. Except for Feegie Park and a half falling down industrial estate.

Might be worth going to a pub in the town centre - only a 10-15 min walk from the ground - but The Cottage would be easier for parking probably. Although, from a purely selfish point of view, going to The Cottage means I'll have to walk straight past the ground to get there, which would piss me off a bit! Although there really are feck all good pubs in Paisley.