11 a side game?

chopper

Lark Saint has been in touch further to the sevens tournament we played them in at Meadowbank a few weeks ago wondering if we would be able to cobble together an 11 a side team to play a match in Edinburgh or Perth on a Sunday this season?

Ideally, the aim would be to play twice, once in Edinburgh and once in Perth and then head back to a pub (I would imagine the Perth one will be Ormonds) for a couple of pints and some grub after the game.

Anyone fancy this?

Lark Saint has been in touch further to the sevens tournament we played them in at Meadowbank a few weeks ago wondering if we would be able to cobble together an 11 a side team to play a match in Edinburgh or Perth on a Sunday this season?

Ideally, the aim would be to play twice, once in Edinburgh and once in Perth and then head back to a pub (I would imagine the Perth one will be Ormonds) for a couple of pints and some grub after the game.

Anyone fancy this?

7 a side goals are one thing - full size is a completely different story !!

7 a side goals are one thing - full size is a completely different story !!

I hears you were quite the keeper Marc! Nothing should phase you! Especially after a couple of pre match pints! :laugh:

I would be keen to play but cant until after the new year, so maybe count me in for an end of season match or 2!

I would be up for this but would prefer a Saturday if possible. Could try to organise it so the Saints game that day is a home game when we play in Perth and Hearts, Hibs or maybe Falkirk for the Edinburgh leg.

PSJ regularly play their games on a Saturday before Saints play in the afternoon. We've got a game against the Hibs team this coming Saturday in Edinburgh. Any Edinburgh Saints fancy it?

See here http://www.weareperth.co.uk/vforum/showthread.php?t=10938

Saturday's are a no-go as far as Larky's team are concerned as some of the squad play amateur football back in Perth on a Saturday, hence why Sunday's suit.

For this, there is no need to tie it in to a Saints game as it is more a case of having the game/kick-about on a Sunday afternoon then a sociable beer with fellow Saints fans, some of whom don't get to the game every Saturday.

As for dates, I am unavailable until February as will be working relatively hard at weekends until the end of January, but we could sort something out for after the new year if we have the numbers - it's already sounding encouraging and I am sure we can bring in guys to help make up a squad of players for such a day.