Old Perth - Picture Thread

25e Ainslie Place

21 hours ago, langside-saint said:

was there a cafe/tea room upstairs? im pretty sure my gran used to take us there! 

Christies did indeed have one in County Place but I think you are right there was a tea room upstairs for a while in the shop illustrated.  Entrance from South Methven Street?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, chips said:

I've already posted this on FB but here' it is again for those who haven't seen it yet.... The building of the Ice rink with Muirton park in the background.. 1935 

20180609_151515.jpg

Right I just don’t get this photie chips lad, it looks like it was takin from the top of a hill and Muirton has been miniaturised ?

9 minutes ago, rickardo said:

Right I just don’t get this photie chips lad, it looks like it was takin from the top of a hill and Muirton has been miniaturised ?

Taken from I think was Ainslie place (could be wrong) and it's looking through the constructed metal frame of the Ice rink, so Muirton park looks far off. Just to clarify the authenticity of the pic, it was "acquired" from the Dewars centre :) 

Edited by chips

• 1 month later...