Old Perth - Picture Thread

25e Ainslie Place

On 3/27/2017 at 9:33 PM, chips said:

Sombre affair this... Victim of a murder on Buckie Braes 1935

20170327_213010.jpg

Thanks to Chips for posting this. I got really interested in this story and researched it in the Archives in Edinburgh and in the local papers. I've written a novel based on the story which will be published by Ringwood Publishing later this year.

19 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Morrisons? 

Worked for Leslie printers had to deliver an order to officer's mess, stopped at the guardroom which is on the right to get directions a big RSM with a ginger moustache took me to the corner of said guardroom and pointed to a building at the other end of the square, so I jumps on my message bike and of I go I made it about halfway across square when my leisurely ride was interrupted by a foghorn blast of !!!You Boy get of my bloody square!! which I did rapidly much to the amusement of a bunch of squaddies double timing it round said square. After dropping of package at officers mess I think I may have saluted:rolleyes: I made my exit round square to be met by RSM to be told if I came back here never cross the square.