Old Perth - Picture Thread

25e Ainslie Place

On 4/5/2022 at 7:28 PM, HOODLUM65 said:

Thought you were going to say you went in for a tie and had your inside leg measurement taken.;)

Reminds me of ye olde (ancient) joke.

Guy has terrible back pain, suffers for years as doctors try a range of treatments.  Eventually a surgeon says only solution is to cut off his goolies.  This works, pain gone.  Guy, delighted, decides to get a new made to measure suit. 

Whilst measuring the tailor coughs politely and asks "which side do you hang sir"? Embarrassed the guy says "doesn't matter, doesn't matter".  "Oh but sir" says the tailor, "it does, if I get it wrong you will get this terrible back pain".

13 hours ago, south inch said:

Reminds me of ye olde (ancient) joke.

Guy has terrible back pain, suffers for years as doctors try a range of treatments.  Eventually a surgeon says only solution is to cut off his goolies.  This works, pain gone.  Guy, delighted, decides to get a new made to measure suit. 

Whilst measuring the tailor coughs politely and asks "which side do you hang sir"? Embarrassed the guy says "doesn't matter, doesn't matter".  "Oh but sir" says the tailor, "it does, if I get it wrong you will get this terrible back pain".

Bet you have to explain it tae Hoodlum.

1 hour ago, sixties saintee said:

Bet you have to explain it tae Hoodlum.

Thought he was going to tell the one about the short Irishman, who went to the doctor complaining about pain when he walked. The doctor looked at him for a while then said get on the table, so the little Irishmans laying on the table and the doctor is snipping away at the top of his legs. Doctor tells him get down and try that . Wee man walks about says to the doctor you are a great surgeon what did you do, doctor tells him I cut two inches of the top of your wellies:rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, john.w said:

Thought he was going to tell the one about the short Irishman, who went to the doctor complaining about pain when he walked. The doctor looked at him for a while then said get on the table, so the little Irishmans laying on the table and the doctor is snipping away at the top of his legs. Doctor tells him get down and try that . Wee man walks about says to the doctor you are a great surgeon what did you do, doctor tells him I cut two inches of the top of your wellies:rolleyes:

Don't know who's worse you or South Inch, typical auld men jokes.:laugh:

• 1 year later...
On 10/29/2021 at 7:11 PM, saint-johns-toun said:

Anyone remember or have any photos of the transport hotels? My dad says there was one at the inch end of Edinburgh Road, but I can only recall one being at the friarton end. 

Yes I remember the one at the South Inch, it was eventually demolished and it's now the South Inch Car Park. I was never in it (just a kid) but it was, by all accounts "pretty rough" accommodation. I think the one you refer to at the Friarton end was more of a sleepover hotel for train crews in the days when Perth Station and Marshalling Yards was a busy hub

• 9 months later...

Very late to the party here, but does anybody have any photos (or memories) of The Lade up at the Ruthvenfield/ Huntingtowerfield end? My dad used to take me for walks up there in the early 60s and I used to be terrified of the mill-races at Ruthvenfield Mill (now houses I believe) and Lumsden. Not been back there since 1974 and I daresay it's changed a bit.

Incidentally - I lived in Firbank Road 1960-1964, then Kingswell Place till 1967. Great memories and it's fantastic to see pictures of the Letham that I remember, earlier in the thread. Many thanks.

p.s.

Saints for the Cup.