Old Perth - Picture Thread

25e Ainslie Place

On 6/23/2020 at 8:09 AM, Kitchen said:

I want to say thats the church that was on the site in scott street, Just as you enter scott Street Car Park. 

The church in Scott Street was the Wilson Church which was demolished to make way for the entrance to the Scott Street car park, however, I am certain that this is the North Church opposite the Playhouse cinema.

12 hours ago, Craigieman said:

The church in Scott Street was the Wilson Church which was demolished to make way for the entrance to the Scott Street car park, however, I am certain that this is the North Church opposite the Playhouse cinema.

Good first post, I thunk you are dead right.  Next to the Sandeman Library and I think there was a pend entrance from the High St which took you to the church hall.

4 hours ago, sleepless said:

does anyone know if there's been a photo of the old City Police headquarters in Tay Street posted on here, to save me going through 103 pages...

There’s one on p.94 from 1878. Otherwise not much from that end of Tay St. A few from the other end showing the Sheriff court building.

• 1 month later...