Pitch Condition Next Season (and last)

Mike180279

The south west floodlights are currently undergoing renovation. Hard to tell if the lights are being replaced or just repaired.

Is it not that the light grids/fittings are being replaced to handle different power and bulbs, but the towers are staying put? There wasn't really anything wrong with them.

but the towers are staying put? There wasn't really anything wrong with them.

I hope they have had a structural engineer to have a good look at them, they must be 40 - 50 years old by now, I know buildings that have lasted less than that, also they are constantly outside and imagine the stress at the joints. Why do you think i sit in the middle of the stand!(more running time) No idea what the cost would be, but i think a complete new pole should have been done as well, unless they are thinking short term?

I hope they have had a structural engineer to have a good look at them, they must be 40 - 50 years old by now, I know buildings that have lasted less than that, also they are constantly outside and imagine the stress at the joints. Why do you think i sit in the middle of the stand!(more running time) No idea what the cost would be, but i think a complete new pole should have been done as well, unless they are thinking short term?

To be fair I think they were built to last a long time. Look at the Forth rail bridge. Yes they are constantly working on it and painting it to slow down corrosion but it has trains over it every day and it's fine. The floodlight shafts will remain erect for some time.