No Testimonial for Peaso

Gerry Mcmahon Fan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well Scotty boy, it is driven by the fans. Put your mouth where your heart is and start it off. I for one do not think he deserves a testimonial, one man's opinion though.

But good luck

As I'm over school age my name's Scott & I, like you, have just expressed 1 man's opinion. Simply saying that Main & Weir were no more deserving of a testimonial than Peaso (in my & others opinion).

Even if he was granted a testimonial, would he want one? The reason I say that is the player or committee is responsible for the cost of the opposition, in regards to transport and accomodation if required. He is also responsible for all the cost for the ground in regards to wages of staff, and the cost of policing the event. So in todays economic state would he want to pay for all this, when, would he get enough people through the turnstiles to make it financialy viable.

I heard this info from a guy I used to work with whose son played for Aberdeen and the opinion of most players, who could possibly qualify for a testimonial would turn it down.

the player is not responosible for any costs. the player has nothing to do with it.

only the committee are responsible.

As I'm over school age my name's Scott & I, like you, have just expressed 1 man's opinion. Simply saying that Main & Weir were no more deserving of a testimonial than Peaso (in my & others opinion).

Not going having a go but Weir and Main were part of our most successfull team of recent memory, Peaso unfortunately for him has been part of the slump that followed.

Not going having a go but Weir and Main were part of our most successfull team of recent memory, Peaso unfortunately for him has been part of the slump that followed.

Testimonials relate to 10 yrs service, nothing to do whether you are part of a successful team or not. Main was also with us when we were relegated & he moved to Livi 6 mths later.