Scottish Supporters Mini League 2010/2011

Hello everyone.

First of all please allow me to appologise for the huge delay in getting back to you all re your various queries.

the ssml is going to be changing a little with regards to when we run our season. up till now we have run it from jan-dec.

the format is each team plays everyone 2x per season, once at home and once away. the teams organisors arrange the fixtures at the convenience of both teams. this allows plenty of opportunity to fulfill fixtures. In hindsight, it probably encourages a bit lazyness in fulfilling fixtures.

anyhoos. from august 2010 we will be running our season alongside the professional SPL season, August-May.

this currently leaves us a gap between January-end June 2010. To fill this gap I have suggested to the other ssml teams that we should tun a tournament of some sort, to which they ave all given it the thumbs up.

I would like to therefor invite:

Celtic (WEUCSC)

St Johnstone (Ormond Saints)

Troon

Airdrie Thistle

Athletico Dunfermline

to join us in this tournament. The actual format has still to be decided but its likely to be a 2 leg per game setup.

could you all please get back to me asap to let me know if your respective teams would like to be included.

cheers guys, hear from you all soon.

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

Having given this a lot of thought, i reckon it is taking Ormond Saints down a totally different path to the one that was initially intended, and would mean regular away games to places like Airdrie.

We have already seen that it can be a wee bit difficult to get a full squad to some away games when they are only once in a blue moon.

Personally, i will go with the flow, but it may well be a mistake, and i hope we don't forget why we were re-invented in the first place.

Gav

Having given this a lot of thought, i reckon it is taking Ormond Saints down a totally different path to the one that was initially intended, and would mean regular away games to places like Airdrie.

We have already seen that it can be a wee bit difficult to get a full squad to some away games when they are only once in a blue moon.

Personally, i will go with the flow, but it may well be a mistake, and i hope we don't forget why we were re-invented in the first place.

Gav

Aye Gav fair points, but a big turn arround from you in some ways if you remember you were on the the smml for us to get involved before even i was:wink::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Attitudes are different.

Games are played in an entirely different spirit to which we are used to.

Etc Etc Etc

I agree with you . I was not up for it in the first place cos i remember the suporters team away to a morton team 3 weeks in a row. Leaving at half 8 on a sunday getting back at 5 it is a waste of a day in my opinion

I agree with you . I was not up for it in the first place cos i remember the suporters team away to a morton team 3 weeks in a row. Leaving at half 8 on a sunday getting back at 5 it is a waste of a day in my opinion

This league is a bit more relaxed and nothing like the Supporters League we were in though!!!, although the idea of the poll was to gauge opinions, which is what is now happening!! The League cup should give us an idea of what to expect, no damage done! and if it does not appeal we will not go to the league.As i said it is more like a suck it and see with the cup section!!!

How do you know?? After all we have no way of tellingand have NEVER played in that league!!

Of course we have never played in this league, but i have been involved in games against three of the teams and they were not particularly pleasant.

Other than that, the aforementioned regular away games are not my taste - and clearly a few folk think the same. It's ok asking people to do it once in a while but not as regular as what the SSML would demand.

I just think that we are fine bubbling along as we are. If the league happened to be more localised than i think i would be more inclined to think it was a good idea.

Of course, you will make whatever decision you decide, but do you really want the hassle of it all?

Of course we have never played in this league, but i have been involved in games against three of the teams and they were not particularly pleasant.

Other than that, the aforementioned regular away games are not my taste - and clearly a few folk think the same. It's ok asking people to do it once in a while but not as regular as what the SSML would demand.

I just think that we are fine bubbling along as we are. If the league happened to be more localised than i think i would be more inclined to think it was a good idea.

Of course, you will make whatever decision you decide, but do you really want the hassle of it all?

Nothing set in stone mate!! you know that !You sorted yourself for Oban?