Game in Danger?

O'Rourke

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:?

That's a good thing?

It means our games won't be moved from a Saturday 3 o'clock kick off! It doesn't matter how many times you're on the T.V, you still get a share of the pot.

This is the number of times teams have been shown on Sky and ESPN in league games this season

Celtic 12

Rangers 12

Hearts 9

Hibs 9

Motherwell 4

Aberdeen 3

Kilmarnock 3

Hamilton 3

Inverness 3

St Mirren 3

Dundee U 2

St Johnstone 1

And apart from the Rangers re arranged tie which may be shown we are not on the list for any TV games up to the split. I cannot see the sponsors being happy with this.

Such anger HSF... Almost like you're turning into a Mann... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well not one single poster works at McDiarmid or knows what is going on within the club. They may like to think they do but they don't. Slagging off the club for this without knowing the true circumstances around the call off, inspection, state of the pitch etc is ****ing stupid.

said the ref took very little time to say it wasn't

"Although the covers were removed promptly this morning, and work immediately carried out to drain the pitch, the referee deemed the match unplayable."

That gives the impression Saints thought they would be able to get the pitch to playing order by the time the ref arrived so that is maybe the reason for the late pitch inspection...

Eh, so where has it been posted that the covers weren't left on last night?!

you dont get waterlogged pitches if you have covers down, common sense

the issue isnt just about the game being postponed its about saints fans who cant make midweek games after thyve forked out hard earned cash buying season tickets

The covers would obviously take a few hours to take off. they left them down for as long as possible and would clear the water off them they were obviously not expecting the ater that was in the pitch to come back to the top. This is obviously a problem they were not expecting.

The ref as there and inspected the pitch at 11am. How much earlier do folk need to be told.

the issue isnt just about the game being postponed its about saints fans who cant make midweek games after thyve forked out hard earned cash buying season tickets

The covers were down :wink:

When you buy a season ticket, you know the risks with re-arranged games and postponements.

OS now has an explanation detailing how they put down the covers in plenty of time, but the weight of the water sitting on top of the covers brought the water underneath the soil back to the surface, which I can just about understand. However, was there really that much rain and why say that the rain ran off as expected? Did we experience some freakish rain that runs off, then runs back on to provide the necessary weight to bring the deep lying moisture back to the surface?

Surely the answer now must be to bring back the dome that others have spoken about? Use the cover of the dome to keep the fresh rain off while using the heaters under the dome to try and dry out the pitch

Read the article and you will see what happened. So obviously you can get a waterlogged pitch with covers down.

"Although the covers were removed promptly this morning, and work immediately carried out to drain the pitch, the referee deemed the match unplayable."

That gives the impression Saints thought they would be able to get the pitch to playing order by the time the ref arrived so that is maybe the reason for the late pitch inspection...

I'm sure everybody there did their best but we all know the drainage is bad so they should ask for an early inspection. next weekend the aucterarder bus is leaving at 9.30. Aberdeen would not be much difference so they should look at it at 9am if its not good then say that and let folk take a chance if they want to head off

I'm sure everybody there did their best but we all know the drainage is bad so they should ask for an early inspection. next weekend the aucterarder bus is leaving at 9.30. Aberdeen would not be much difference so they should look at it at 9am if its not good then say that and let folk take a chance if they want to head off

Well actually I don't sympathise with anyone who leaves so early to travel 2 hours or so.

:?

That's a good thing?

It means our games won't be moved from a Saturday 3 o'clock kick off! It doesn't matter how many times you're on the T.V, you still get a share of the pot.

:laugh::laugh: Brilliant. Our games wont get moved 3pm. 5 and counting.......

Its not just the supporters that are pissed off. The players are not getting to see their families.

I really do hate this, its not the clubs fault but we have to consider playing somewhere else.

April showers anyone? It might get worse!

Edited by Mike180279

The covers were down :wink:

When you buy a season ticket, you know the risks with re-arranged games and postponements.

fair enough there are risks with buying season tickets, but the number of postponed games has become a joke especially when you hear local junior clubs get their games on without covers, ush etc

defo not renewing my season ticket anyway

fair enough there are risks with buying season tickets, but the number of postponed games has become a joke especially when you hear local junior clubs get their games on without covers, ush etc

defo not renewing my season ticket anyway

Exactly, they don't have ush meaning their pitch hasn't been fecked up by it

:laugh::laugh: Brilliant. Our games wont get moved 3pm. 5 and counting.......

Its not just the supporters that are pissed off. The players are not getting to see their families.

I really do hate this, its not the clubs fault but we have to consider playing somewhere else.

April showers anyone? It might get worse!

Yea Doobs had a bit of a tweet rant when he heard

Enlighten me oh masterful one, As to waht you are on about.

I will tell you waht I am on about.. Your comment

The ref as there and inspected the pitch at 11am. How much earlier do folk need to be told.

the pitch inspection was far to late. Simple as..

A bit like yourself, if you don't understand taht many people will have already left to travel to the match. Not everyone leaves at a time taht will get tehm there 20 minutes before K-O. Some people like to make a day of it. Plus no mention of an inspection till to late this morning. If they had said there was gonna be a precautionary inspection tehn fans would have held off from travelling early and at taht point , 11.15 am would have been okay. As we know though MS they never did tihs..

I hope taht clears things up for you:wink: