Game in Danger?

O'Rourke

memememememememememe.. I aint asking them to call it off at 8am. If you had read the thread PROPERLY you would know that. I dunno how many times , but one last time...The club should have flagged up the distinct possibility of the game being off and warned people NOT TO TRAVEL until an inspection had taken place preferably at about 9am but even 11am..

This was my point, poor communication.

I got out my pit just after 8am, first thing I checked was for news on a pitch inspection. After finding not a sausage anywhere online, I assumed the pitch was fine and the game was on. I then got on the phone to my old man to arrange getting up to Perth in plenty time to watch Man Utd vs City.

All we are asking for is news that an inspection would be taking place, with that news we would have held off from travelling until after the inspection had been completed.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be a gentleman and let you win..It would be the chivalrous thing to do and I know you would want me to..Ladies appreciate that sort of thing..

Now be a pet and away and make me a cup of tea and nice bacon sarnie..:wink:

Now I wouldn't want to be the person that would make you put 2lb on at next weeks Fat Club, Salad Sarnie for you seeing as you are doing so well at the moment :D

Pissing of rain covers not down any valid reason for this

Yes, too p*ss you off.:wink:

Seriously, we do not have a home game for 10 days and most covers need to be lifted to allow the ground to breath or you do even more damage to the little grass that we already have.

Current forecast is for 2 days of rain followed by a longish dry spell and if this is correct (when do they get the forecast right?) then Saints have made the correct call.

Seriously, we do not have a home game for 10 days and most covers need to be lifted to allow the ground to breath or you do even more damage to the little grass that we already have.

Current forecast is for 2 days of rain followed by a longish dry spell and if this is correct (when do they get the forecast right?) then Saints have made the correct call.

Aww, nawww... who or what are we going to bicker about on here then...?:laugh:

We need to blame someone for something...?

Yes, too p*ss you off.:wink:

thank you for your explanation

Would it not make sense for the club to switch the up coming game against Dundee United to Tannadice and then play them at home in April by which point the pitch should have had time to recover.

I would also reckon that they will ask us to play Aberdeen on Wednesday 2nd March , again it may be more sensible to wait a couple of weeks.

Would it not make sense for the club to switch the up coming game against Dundee United to Tannadice and then play them at home in April by which point the pitch should have had time to recover.

I would also reckon that they will ask us to play Aberdeen on Wednesday 2nd March , again it may be more sensible to wait a couple of weeks.

Are you watching the game at Tannadice. the pitch is a quagmire at one end.

Houston reckons the game was only put on because of fixture congestion.

Nope I don't have ESPN.

Does it look worse than our pitch and was it just rain or do they have problems like we do?

If there was a quick fix that put our pitch out of action for a couple of weeks but it meant the rest of the games this season went ahead it would be worth it.

A couple of the corners were quite bad. According to Houston the pitch was waterlogged yesterday.

Sunday Post says that it was called off at 11.15 as Craig Thomson wasnt able to get to Perth any earlier than that. It also says its time to see if the rules should be changed so that a local referee can be called in to perform a pitch inspection.

Could it be that we're getting there at last? Common sense is starting to make an appearance? Please? Should we get our hopes up?:roll:

Tannadump has had problems for donkies years, especially down towards the changing rooms area. That is why the Tay is so wide with all the sand they have dug out, dyed it green and dumped it on the pitch. I always remember a few years ago the commentator going on about how lush the pitch was looking and then roaring with laughter when it all disappeared as soon as the players ran across it.:laugh: