Scott Young

Strawman

Scott Young of legendry status ( well legendry to the 150 odd folk that watched ) in the 90's reserve league east games is the same guy who is now manager of Glentoran over in Northern Ireland I think.

Can anyone confirm this ? Certainly looks like him.

Anyone know what happened to him when he left Saints, I seem to remember he went to Dunfermline but I can't find any career stats for him anywhere.

Presuming its the same bloke, it appears he joined Glentoran at some point and was forced to retire after breaking his leg for the fourth time, not sure how old he was when he retired.

Only thing that makes me doubt it is the same guy is the fact that I don't remember him being irish when he played with us, he could have been though.

I was convinced he was going to be a cracking little player and was disappointed when we got rid of him.

Lost track of him too when he left Dunfermline. Good to hear he's doing well after all his injuries.

Does he have to be Irish to be over there though? He wouldn't be the first Scot to head there to get a game after failing in Scotland.

The RLE games on a Monday were quality around 95 - 97ish.

Seem to remember Montrose fielding the entire Carnoustie Panmure junior team as trialists against us in one game rather than postpone cos they couldn't get a team.

Also remember Rangers beating us 10 - 0 in a reserve game ( think that was a good few years earlier when the reserves played on a saturday at 2.00 pm in a reverse fixture of that days away game ), think John Spencer scored 6 and Balavage walked off injured after 8 or 9.

Back on to Scott Young though, I thought he was a real prospect, think he used to get booked a lot mind but he was one of the most enthusiastic monday night players.