RULES OF FOOTBALL

mainstand

Her's one for the referees amongst you.

I had an altercation with a ref today over a decision he made at a kids match. To explain what sort of an official he was he actually threatened to send me off and report me to the SYFA because I was discussing a decision he made with the other teams manager.

A defender touches the ball with his hand, on the dge of the box which the ref says was ball to hand. does he:

a) give a direct free kick

B) indirect freekick

c) wave play on.

You would probably need to be at the game to pass comment but surely it depends on whether the defender moved his hand with intent to play the ball or it deflected away from an on target shot?

A bit of common sense would make the right decision but the pressure these refs get put under by players and supporters means their judgement is going to affected. Even if it is a kids game!

You would probably need to be at the game to pass comment but surely it depends on whether the defender moved his hand with intent to play the ball or it deflected away from an on target shot?

A bit of common sense would make the right decision but the pressure these refs get put under by players and supporters means their judgement is going to affected. Even if it is a kids game!

He was refereeing a game that does ot normally get a ref, kids 7-a-side football is generally well policed by the kids themselves, the adults only have to step in where there is a problem.

A hand ball is adirect free kick or a play on, you can't get indirect for a handall, I wonder what he would have given if it had been inside the box? an indirect free kick or penalty?

There was a good one on the radio last week.

How many players can contest a drop/ball, moly up, stotty up (whatever we have all called it)?

The answer is of course, any amount :oops:

I never knew this but can you imagine every player in the team fighting for the ball.

I would like to bet also that some refs would not allow it to happen.