St.Mirren V St.Johnstone - 24th February

SaintJet

On 2/25/2024 at 10:03 AM, Saintdunc said:

Whilst GB still has some control of our club he has to grow a pair and get rid of Levein. Levein is a dinosaur from another era and is clearly incapable of moving from plan a to plan b when we are getting nowhere during matches. His team selections are, in the majority, baffling. What exactly is Sprangler doing in training, or does Levein just not have good memories of holidays in Austria?

We would struggle in the Championship and, unless Levein goes, and goes now, that's where we are going to be next season, and not for very long either. A continuing downward spiral will see us languishing in a division full of also rans. 

65 years since I first entered Muirton Park, and the last 2 and a bit seasons have been nothing short of a disaster. I used to travel up from Leeds 3 or 4 times a season and, although there were occasions when we lost, we were worth watching. I am disappointed to hear myself thinking that to do the same now would, not only be a waste of money, but bad for my mental health. 

We should not put up with mediocrity and that is what Levein is delivering. 

Michael Stewart is not my favourite pundit but he is right. 

I'm of a similar vintage, I could recite the whole team off by heart back then that says something itself. Well Jimmy D and derek R did alternate but both brilliant. 5-3-2 days too! I agree with your sentiments - what a shock it was when we were relegated to DIV 2 then.  What about Scott Brown? Thinking of an 'Ormond' type ex great player/ Or bring back Tommy, it was his team that won all the cups after all. My aspergers can't stand it any more.