Soulful Saint's Fun Parade 2

soulfulsaint

Correct it was Paul Sheerin although after today's result I'm feeling so genrous I would take Phillip Scott too. A Doctor of Philosophy is a Phd, so a philsopher is a PH?

Mmmm...quite a tenuous one! Think we would have been here for quite a while without the clue!

Great stuff though SS. Thanks for doing them. Feel free to keep 'em coming!

Saint's full back, Billy Beatson had a sister Eve Graham who was in the New Seekers, who sang 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing' the sountrack to the coke adverts.

....................whose mother owned the Craigie post office on St Leonards Bank (which is still there and hasn't changed much). The said establishment used to be the staging post for Craigie Schools finest who on occasion may purloin the odd bar of chocolate without payment. Naughty children...............

....................whose mother owned the Craigie post office on St Leonards Bank (which is still there and hasn't changed much). The said establishment used to be the staging post for Craigie Schools finest who on occasion may purloin the odd bar of chocolate without payment. Naughty children...............

For a woman raised in Muskegon Michigan, you seem to know a lot about low-level street crime in Craigie, Betty. Were you appearing live at the Abbotsford?

Guest Nairn Saint
Thats the trouble with being a ghost..The lager goes straight through me and after a while I always end up making a spectre of myself

I think you would have made a fine ghoul keeper.

.......... and whose (Billy and Eve's) dad worked at Hydro Electric beside my dad. He was known as Mr Beatson, to me anyway. U have one main memory of Eve at the Christmas Party for the kids of the Hydro workers. She was in her teens and I was about eight. We were playing 'Pass The Parcel' and I had worked out that the music controller was stopping the music at specific regular rythm intervals and so I held onto the parcel as long as I could without the crowd going mental and threw it at the last moment to the next person. Unfortunately for Eve that was her. :P She was really annoyed and stood up saying "Ronnie you're a cheat!" and stormed off. Santa Claus was near me and monitoring the game and I asked "No I'm not am I?" Santa said "No Ronnie you're not". Strangely he just happened to be my Uncle Ted behind the white beard and moustache.

The moral of the story: If you're not good at Pass The Parcel it doesn't matter because you could still get in the UK and US Music Charts or even enter the Eurovision Song Contest

Who was Billy Beatson's mate at the High Shool who also played for Willie Ormond's Saints?

Who was Billy Beatson's mate at the High Shool who also played for Willie Ormond's Saints?

The Bustler!! One Willam McManus!!

Actually, the Bustler looked more live Eves brother than Billy B did!

Your uncle is Santa Claus???? Thats amazing. I always thought he was a made up character. You live and learn!

The Bustler!! One Willam McManus!!

Actually, the Bustler looked more live Eves brother than Billy B did!

Your uncle is Santa Claus???? Thats amazing. I always thought he was a made up character. You live and learn!

Correct McManus. He did look more like Eve since BB had curly hair but McManus had jet black hair like Eve.

That Christmas Party was the first time I found out that Santa Claus was a real person and and in fact related to me. :wink: He's made a big business out of it.