Martin Grehan

dave mc

Motherwell have just signed this lad from fife juniors.Tried to tout him on here last year,but got no feedback regarding a fife scout.The other boy i spotted was Sean Simpson,he's now at East Stirling.Really are some worthwhile youngsters down here.My next two tips for stardom are,Paul McQuade ,just joined Cowdenbeath from juniors,and a guy called Sam Buchan,playing with Newburgh just now,but has a real chance of making it.Watch this space !!!!

Posted this in Saints chat hoping to highlight the lack of scouting in fife by Saints,sorry boss!!

Just because they have not picked these players up does not mean there is a lack of scouting in the area. The scouts will obviously be looking at the players in comparison to the players they have on the books or have seen.

If you spot a player that you feel is going to make it why not drop the club an e-mail.

Tried tipping them about Novo when he was at Raith,but it doesn't look like it was followed up.We could have had him for a pittance,before he took off.Mcghee is quoted as saying he will be involved with the first team right away,i trust his judgement of a player,says if Grehan doesn't make it at 'Well he will defo play at a higher level than at present.I'm not aware of Saints being represented at any junior or amatuer games down this way.It's a small circle of clubs and everyone generally knows of any scouts present

Tried tipping them about Novo when he was at Raith,but it doesn't look like it was followed up.We could have had him for a pittance,before he took off.Mcghee is quoted as saying he will be involved with the first team right away,i trust his judgement of a player,says if Grehan doesn't make it at 'Well he will defo play at a higher level than at present.I'm not aware of Saints being represented at any junior or amatuer games down this way.It's a small circle of clubs and everyone generally knows of any scouts present

Possible that they did follow it up but didn't think it was worth pursuing.

Not many of the non SPL clubs have official scouts going to matches, instead they have a number of contacts that are pointing them in the direction of players. I was told by one club that they had got rid of their scouts as it cost tem a fortune in expenses when in effect they could get the same results through club contacts.