An Appeal to help save the club

I .believe that the club could be saved.

From what i have heard the building is to be flattened and St.Johnstone/Geoff Brown are to let the ground to Arnold Clark.

I cant stop this happening my self but i believe there is away, i have allready writen to Mr .Brown to find out his plans , no answer yet!!!(My letter is at the bottom of this post.)

Now i have heard that we can start the process to save he club by holding an E.G.M which will require 50 members from 450 to pledge there names to this, i cannot actually organise it ., as i am no longer a committee member, and i am led to believe a committee member MUST take the lead on this, and i am confident that will happen, i think the way forward would be for people that want to save the club to post here and for a committeee member to draw up a petition in the club for members to sign, , organise a petition in the club, take it to the Perthshire advertiser/ write a letter to Mr Brown on behalf of the members, and any thing else that would have to be done.It would not be impossible to get bussinesses behind us for a buy out either, i know .AT LEAST ONE MAN that believed he could he could turn the club arround that he had accepted the job of Steward only to have it withdrawn,:twisted::twisted: This man should be approached to see if there is a viable buiseness plan possible

Please help us save the only REAL saints Club left!!!

Sent this to Mr Brown and await reply

Perth, PH1

13/02/10

Geoff Brown

Chairman

St. Johnstone FC

McDiarmid Park

Perth

PH1 2SJ

Dear Mr. Brown,

I am a long time member of The St. Johnstone Supporters Club in Dunkeld Road, and indeed the Muirton Park Travel Club that operates from there.

I am deeply saddened to hear that the club is facing closure in three months time. The people of Muirton and North Muirton were made promises that there would be a club for them.

The club itself has perhaps seen a demise, but i believe that is down to a lack of creativity and endeavour by those who make the decisions. For example, having no Satellite TV does not encourage people to pop in during the week for a couple of pints and perhaps take in a live football match on SKY.

With the right people and strategies the club could be a success again and it would be interesting to hear your plans on whether or not there will be a club elsewhere in the town.

I would urge you to arrange a meeting in the club, with members of the Saints board, The club committee and fans and members in attendance.

Yours sincerely,

Gavin D. Stewart

you would think with the £57,000 that his horse won for hime he would keep it going until the committee and those who use it can look into the possibility of taking up some sort of lease.......anyone nipped into Arnold Clarks to see what they are paying just now and what they have been quoted for the "club ground" ?

• 3 weeks later...