Middlesborough looking for new boss

Moray Blue

I have to admit its strage timing. they could (and probably should) have sacked him last week, the week before.... start of the season... middle of last year...

Nice guy but hopeless manager...

In fairness steve Gibson is one of the best chairman around, and does give his manager time and support. I guess they had a board meeting this week when it was decided (regardless of the result of last night).

the problem is that the championship is a crazy league and everyone beat everyone, just look at west brom and newcastle. 2 teams going along nicely and getting clear at the top and then they both start losing games which they wouldnt have thought possible a month ago.. teams dont often walk it in the championship. I still expect newcastle and west brom to go up but it wont be a 'done by easter' type of thing

Southgate wasn't a bad manager, especially given it was his first job, but losing the 3 home games in a row (and by 5 goals to Albion) having been relegated lost him the supporters and Gibson had to let him go.

Of the available managers being touted, Strachan and Ince are the early favourites and I would love one of them to get the job as it would guarantee 'boro leaving the top 6 down the way, but I fear they may try and appoint Coppell, which would be a very good appointment.

Unless of course Tony Mowbray wants to go back to his boyhood team that he has talked about for the last 3/4 years!