Sunday 12TH September Zenit St.Johnstoun Home

Tough game against a very talented young team, and Monty.

Gutted with the first half, but a very spirited second half showing, got to be pleased with that.

Game was played in a cracking spirit and thats the way it should be in all games, but especially ones like this between a bunch of Saints fans.

If we play against Social Work next week like we did in the second half then we will have a chance.

Well done to Norrie who probably got the fastest debut goal ever for us and also to Stuart who grabbed our 100th all time goal.

Overall, not to dissapointed!!!!, lack of preperation due to me ****ing up and forgetting keys did not help!!(What a tit) however despite and following the cock up (i made)and the nieve decsion, i made in going 433 at the start !,i did think we were a shadow of our selves in the first half,(in my opinion )we are better than that ,but despite that i did think a few players were sleeping at the start of the game and perhaps lacking the bit of the dig and desire i am looking for, however as i have said maybee i made it harder than it needed to be with an ambitious line up!!But **** it guys !!as much as i would like to be Alex Ferguson, im not!! not even close to being a pimple on his arse!But a wee bit of change at half time and just after the half time vodka(well it might have helped) allowed us to get back in to the game(well nearly) , and for a good part of the second half we were more like the team i have come to expect to see ,with a bit of fire in the belly.Not a good day from a personall point of view, with the key incident!!(Sorry and )not a great formation at the start(Sorry) Christ! im starting to sound like Gav McDonald, however im not to down hearted and feel the second half against a good team showed we can compete, and can take something from the game, which was played in great spirit, between what is after all a bunch of saints fans(old and young) playing a game of football. I would like to thank Nips for reffing the game.Cal and Ross and the other guys from Zenit St.Johnnstone for making it possible(aye thanks for the hiding guys)Davie Fair at Ormonds for the after match hospitallity, first class again today and the guys for there efforts, mostly in the second half.

Opposition MOM Eric Laing

Managers MOM Gav McDonald

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

Wrote up a quick match report out of boredom, although there are somethings i can't remember like goal order and the small details of each goal, but you get the idea

Ormond Saints vs. Zenit St Johnstoun - 12/09/2010 - Guildtown Park

Zenit took part in there first game for well over a year today away to Ormond Saints and came out on top after a thrilling encounter. Zenit started the game in a 4-4-2 formation while Ormonds opted for an adventurous 4-3-3 formation which had proved successful the previous week. Ormonds didn’t get off to the best start though with Zenit taking an early lead, Cal came out from left back to play a long ball over the defense which was met by Ross Kaylor who then lobbed the on coming Craig Taylor, it was soon 2-0 when DaleWalker beat the offside trap to slot in another. Zenit weren’t in the mood to relax yet though as Zenits two Sam’s combined to put Zenit 3-0 to the good with Sam Rush tapping in from 6 yards. Ormonds had a few half chances without troubling Zenit shot-stopper Lee Kelman but ended up losing another goal when Dale Walker grabbed his second of the game with a diving header that looped over the keeper, and almost straight away it was 5-0 when Cal Kennedy set up Scott Wightman who put his chance away. Ross Kaylor grabbed his second of the game when Paul Anderson put him through before he put it past Taylor to make it 6-0. Poor marking from a Cal Kennedy in swinging corner gave Dale Walker the chance to seal his hat-trick, and put Zenit 7-0 up. Zenit had controlled the game so far with Anderson and Wightman influential in the centre of midfield, but it was Ormonds who scored next and gave themselves a lifeline. Poor marking at a corner gave Stuart McDonald the chance to get his side amongst the goals. 7-1 at halftime was a great result for Zenit but after the break they let themselves go while Ormonds, with a change of shape and a couple of changes, got themselves into the game more and very much improved there performance, and it was Ormonds who scored first in the second half when second half substitute Norrie Put in a cross which looped to the back post and ended up in the net, his first touches of the game. Gav McDonald made it 7-3 from the penalty spot after a hand ball from Michael Rodgers, although a tad harsh, and it was 7-4 with Gav McDonald again beating Lee Kelman. Zenit soon got there act together and extended their lead after good work down the left from Anderson and Kaylor before Dale Walker scored his 4th of the game despite carrying an injury. Zenit were back to their best in the second half and again extended their lead with Kaylor getting his hat-trick after great play from Walker down the right, and it was finished with a lovely backheel. Ormonds were still pushing to get themselves back in the game but were caught out on the break when Sam Jackson crossed to the back post where Sam Rush was free and fired in a header, 10-4 to Zenit, but not for long, great play from new centre back Daniel Begg gave Ross Kaylor the chance for his 4th of the game after some neat skill to find a way past Dave Robb before hitting a low shot past Craig Taylor. This was to be the final goal of the match with the final score Ormond Saints 4 - 11 Zenit St Johnstoun. A great game to play in, no bad challenges and good banter between the two teams. Referee Kev Riddell had an easy game today and did well, all in all, a good day for Zenit! Good food while watching a shit match on TV back in Ormonds after the game also. FORZA ZENIT