10-11 Season Overview

Thought we should get this going again.

Heres last years to get a rough idea.

http://www.weareperth.co.uk/vforum/showthread.php?t=13542

Template

Best Result

Seems daft to pick a draw but the 3-3 with Red Stars was a great achievement all things considered. The win over Social Work was good as well.

Best Performance

Again, the 3-3 draw with Red Stars.

Worst Result

Losing in Edinburgh 10-0 was sore.

Worst Performance

Probably that game in Edinburgh.

Personal Highlight

Probably my second against Queens Park at Holyrood in the 6-5 game.

Summary

Been plenty of ups and downs as usual, but over the piece been enjoyable as ever, playing at Forthbank was great, some of the mini bus trips away were good, and it seems we have really developed a thick skin over the last couple of months with only really Beechwood doing us any real damage (and they are a top side) since that terrible game in Edinburgh.

Thought we should get this going again.

Heres last years to get a rough idea.

http://www.weareperth.co.uk/vforum/showthread.php?t=13542

Template

Best Result

Win against Social Work at Guildtown.

Best Performance

Same game.

Worst Result

Losing 10-0 to the tattie howkers at Edinburgh.

Worst Performance

Dundee Select at McDiarmid. We underestimated the old pricks and it cost us dearly.

Personal Highlight

Getting my first, second, third, fourth and fifth goals for Ormonds.

Summary

This year has been great. We've added about half a dozen good players and we're in a great position to start 2011-2012.

Best Result

4-4 against Troon to be 4-1 down and come back and draw is an amazing achievement at the best of times but to do it against a side as good as troon who were second in the league at that time is something else.

Best Performance

3-2 Social Work getting the monkey of the back was important but it was the manner in how we got that monkey to feck, carved out chance after chance and on a diffrent day could have won it 10-2

Worst Result

13-1 against letham. was a bad day at the office they were just too good for us and was a hefty defeat

Worst Performance

10-0 Celtic enough said

Personal Highlight

there has been a couple, playing in the same team as legend Roddy Grant and banter with Danny Griffin. But for me would be scoring from my own half against qp for obvious reasons :laugh:

Summary

Edited by Fernie

• 2 weeks later...

Best Result:3-2 v Social Work,Just 3 games after that horrible day in Edinburgh, we not only got rid of "The Monkey on my Back"there was more in it for me as i believe this was the game that Kick-Started the season and self belief started to show

Best Performance 4-4 v Troon i have chosen this game as i believe it echo's my sentiments from above game about a self belief being born that day against Social work.The team spirit and determination not to loose this game was apparent for all to see~!!To go 4-1 down in some previous games would have surely meant a heavy defeat but not in this one!To fight back in such fashion cemented a new found confidence i noticed in our play and from here on in losing a goal would not necessarily mean losing the game.

Worst Result 10-0 Celtic.Not only the worst result, but the worst day of the Season for me Although one good thing would come out of that day(More later).The whole day was pretty horrible from the organisation of the day by the opposition to the actual football.Can any of you imagine the reaction to teams turning up at Guildtown to a park with no nets?No neither can i, but they just shrugged it off and said"Its OK we've ' got corner flags"The referee was a t*** that day as well as wanting to check boots and earnings he was originally not going to allow roll on roll off subs!!Add to this they had no pub after the 10-0 gubbing then it was a poor day all in.The good thing i mentioned earlier was the Debuts and emergence of two new regulars in Gareth and Craig Fotheringham

Worst Performance The Caledonian Spring Cup (Game 3 Auchterarder Star).I know its only half hour games and if you lose an early goal , its backs to the wall.In the first game we matched a better Hamilton team for 20 minutes before losing 2-0.It is the games after that disappoint me in particular the last one especially after a draw in game 2 against Christies we just failed to turn up against Aucretarder Star, the (weakest team) in my estimation, the draw against Christies meant if we beat Star we would have had another chance against Hamilton in the Final

Personal Highlight:A few,(as a player )to actually play in so many games was a surprise, but to be in the 11 and play the full 90 against Red Stars was special , especially as we got our first point that day .also mention for my Testimonial game and to be in the same team as Danny Griffin and in direct opposition to Roddy Grant .

As a Manager-The run of games towards the end of the season which included a 4-4 come back draw Troon, 3 games on the bounce undefeated, 4-1 win against WAP , the first half against Kenny's team on Sunday(Not so proud of the second half)and that win against the Social Work team

Summary The decision to join league for me was the right one and has allowed me much more scope in finding teams to play It has not always been easy and at some points as i have mentioned above i thought "What the hell" are we doing here, especially after the Celtic game.But we re-grouped, found a focus and started to focus on how we can play and not how good the opposition were ! I firmly now believe we can take it that spirit into League games and win them next season.

From a personal point of view i set a target of arranging 40 games, and we played 39, and only failed to get a team to play Livi Gs, so happy enough with that And we still manage to find a balance where loyalty must be rewarded and getting a decent team on the pitch and it was great to field identical back to back teams, even if it only happened once.The attendance at Ormonds has in the whole been excellent this season, and remember some home games there was no food , due to the kitchen being done up, but still folk went, even going back after some away games.

Very happy with the run at the end of the season, only loosing-to Beechwood and Athletico , no real disgrace, and to be fair we are a fair bit off the pace when it comes to Beechwood. I do think we can give Athletico(and others) a run for there money next season though and get closer to Beechwood

During the season I always tried to encourage the team as much as possible and keep the blend of teams we played to near, or as near our level as possible in an attempt to keep the emphasis on the social side of our game. Although the League games were obviously a step up.Although squads have on occasions also been bigger this season(No bad thing) in my opinion, i don't think there can be many(if anyy complaints about players getting not getting a decent amount of time on the pitch

In total i used 57 players but nearly half that played one game or a few sub games with in reality a hard core of about 25 making the core of the squad, and i now have at least one, and in some cases two players i know can play in set positions.We played 39 games , won 6 drew 8 lost 25 scoring 103 goals and losing 188(Congratulations to Joss who scored the 100th goal this season)Cant let this part go without a mention of the incredible feet set by Dave Robb in not only playing the 39 games from this season but added to his 11+1 from last season taking his unbroken appearances record to 50+1.In general i have really enjoyed this season aye Ive made some daft decisions(Some of Sundays decisions spring to mind)aye Ive made a few howlers( forgetting the keys to Guildtown ) spring to mind!But apart from the odd player having a huff or two about being subbed and Stuarts outrageous huff at McDiarmid,players take decision s made and it has been a joy to manage them.Really good also to get some long term recruits throughout the season and Gareth, Craig F, Steve T, and most recently Joss and Aitchy look like being around for a while To sum up really loving it just now(25 years after i started it all) and was chuffed to bits at My testimonial, knowing that so many players past and present cared so much to attend the game.

Looking forward to next season, kicking Social Works butts again!!and getting that first League win

enjoy the wee break!!

The Gaffer

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

Best Result:

Probably 4-4 v Troon as we've taken a pounding off them before, and 4-1 down we normally end up at 8-1 rather than 4-4 so it felt like we'd turned a big corner when we got the result back. Special mention to 3-3 v Red Star away from home with 11 players, Paul Leaver playing half an hour in goal, Gav Stewart playing 90 minute and me ending up at CB!

Best Performance

Has to be Dulwich, obviously the opposition played a factor but it's not often we take pretty much every chance available to us, in terms of effort then again the Troon + Red Star games.

Worst Result

Sunday there was pretty crap considering we could have been long gone.

Worst Performance

Gonna go for Letham, whatever said about the opposition, we were shite.

Personal Highlight

Best ever season for me for any club in terms of goals, 12 in 22, on that ratio if i'd managed every game I would have been top scorer (although Ross and Ronnie could say the same thing to better effect) so thats a plus. Scoring the equalising goal 3 times this season earning draws instead of defeats (Red Star, Queens (right at the death) and Sunday against Kenny Hunters side (Again at the death) which is also a personal plus point.

Summary

Pretty good season for me apart from missing a chunk for a couple of months, coming back to play pretty much every minute of a great run towards the end of the season. Looking forward to next season already.