Football trivia questions...

Saintkev

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think you all quite got the idea of this one - Kev wants them Pm'd so that I can not crib the answers and avoid the wooden spoon! :lol:

That was an ancient request which people did... ask away... I have a load that people gave me, that I will put on here... but will wait till all this settles down!

Here are all the questions that people gave me for the wee quiz I did for PSJ... PSJ are not allowed to answer and the folk that gave the questions should not answer their own... I'll just put five on at a time to keep on top of them...

1) What did Dixie Dean do 37 times for Everton?

2) Which English club does Comedienne, Jo Brand support?

3) The ball accidentally hits the referee on the field of play and rebounds into the goal. Is a goal scored?

4) What is the largest English town or city never (as of 2005/06) to have been represented in the top English football division (the old First Division and now the Premier League)?

5) Supplementary question: What is also unique about this full club name in the entire professional football league system?

4) What is the largest English town or city never (as of 2005/06) to have been represented in the top English football division (the old First Division and now the Premier League)?

5) Supplementary question: What is also unique about this full club name in the entire professional football league system?

I believe that might be Hull, in which case I guess Hull City are unique in being named after a river.

1) What did Dixie Dean do 37 times for Everton? Score a hat-trick

2) Which English club does Comedienne, Jo Brand support? Palace

3) The ball accidentally hits the referee on the field of play and rebounds into the goal. Is a goal scored? Darn tootin'

4) What is the largest English town or city never (as of 2005/06) to have been represented in the top English football division (the old First Division and now the Premier League)? Hull City

5) Supplementary question: What is also unique about this full club name in the entire professional football league system? Can't colour in any of the letters!

Correct!

6) Which three current Premiership clubs won the F.A. Cup in the

19th century?

7) Which five teams has Manchester United beaten in F.A. Cup finals

since 1990?

8) Harry Redknapp secured an F.A. Cup upset against Manchester

United in 1984 as a manager of which club?

9) Which current Premiership defender has also played for clubs in

Germany, Italy and Spain?

10) Moss Rose is home to which English league club?

There are two English football clubs who can choose never to wear their away kit. Even if they are the away team and it clashes with the home team, they can demand the home team change. Each team has a different reason.

Apparently this is bull! Reading because of links to royalty and PNE as first league champs... these rules are myths though!