Barcelona's disgust at Rangers

Aitchy

For far more reasons than I can be bothered going into tonight, but a good couple of reasons for starters would be:

1. This is a St Johnstone forum.

2. Rangers are an evil force in Scottish football and in Scotland in general.

1. Valid point but never ever lose sight of the opinions of others. That would be to err on the side of the narrow minded

2. Do you check under your bed each night for scary monsters?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Valid point but never ever lose sight of the opinions of others. That would be to err on the side of the narrow minded?

I'm not sure what I've said to make you think there's any danger of me "losing sight of the opinions of others".:?

Having been involved in a football forum for too many years now, I'm only too aware of "the opinions of others"!:rolleyes::P

2. Do you check under your bed each night for scary monsters?

Yes. Sadly, monsters are a reality and they walk among us.

art9.gif

I'm not sure what I've said to make you think there's any danger of me "losing sight of the opinions of others".:?

Having been involved in a football forum for too many years now, I'm only too aware of "the opinions of others"!:rolleyes::P

Yes. Sadly, monsters are a reality and they walk among us.

art9.gif

I'm sure I saw him in the queue at Murray's for pies but he seems to have changed his colours

Is it the late and great Davie Seaton?

aka Davie Buyapaper.

Only the topic of the OF could turn a normally rational human being into the type of person who calls things an 'evil force'...

With the aid of my pal the dictionary....

Evil - adjective; morally wrong or bad; immoral; wicked.

Force - noun; power to influence, affect, or control; efficacious power; to rape.

Sounds like the Old Firm to me!:| :P

I think the old firm as a concept is one of the greatest achievements Scotland has ever had and up there with the invention of the tv, penicillin, the telephone, great authors and poets, philosophers and economists of the Sottish Enlightenment, many of the world's great Scottish technical and scientific advances etc.

Yes they have allowed for the greatest Care In The Community project the world has ever seen allowing for completely simple guys with limited horizons the chance to feel important and even arrogant with succcess and the 'feel good factor'. Businessmen such as Mr Quinn and Mr Murray have put finance into these projects as generous social entrepreneurs. Instead of having one huge team the creators produced a rivalry around the major division in the Christian religion. This allows rivalry while both sets of social work department clients can then return home to believe in the same God. They have had critics to this idea in Europe and North America who believe that intentionally or unintentionally basing any institutions (e.g. schools, football clubs) on religious grounds is divisive and a recipe for trouble in society from silly people.

Basically it has been a mjor social project to give hope to dumplings and neds while keeping them off the streets on match days for decent people to have a hassel free environment. Another important feature is to give them a 'cross to bare' resulting in the feeling of persecution, very much like Jesus himself unsurprisingly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

These Sotland fans at the Eifel Tower should be banned from attending Scotland away fixtures when identified or are Scotland just a mini England.

Merry Xmas to you too Mon Ami.

And to you ***.....:D

In the unlikely event of your team progressing in the Champions league beyond Xmas I hope you are drawn with Chelsea. Could happen as the best you are likely to acheive is a second place and CFC have won their group.

Yes ok you won a pre-season friendly earlier in the year.

But if this happens you aint gonna see the quarter finals believe me!

And to you ***.....:D

In the unlikely event of your team progressing in the Champions league beyond Xmas I hope you are drawn with Chelsea. Could happen as the best you are likely to acheive is a second place and CFC have won their group.

Yes ok you won a pre-season friendly earlier in the year.

But if this happens you aint gonna see the quarter finals believe me!

Luncarty are going to qualify for the Champoins League, now THAT IS progress!

Meanwhile ....... back in the REAL world its off to East Shore Park in Newburgh for our tricky away tie on Saturday. A win places us above Newburgh in the League

Newburgh one week .......... San Siro the next............:cool:

Look out yer passports lads:LAUGH OUT LOUD:

dscf0004wn2.th.jpg

With the aid of my pal the dictionary....

Evil - adjective; morally wrong or bad; immoral; wicked.

Force - noun; power to influence, affect, or control; efficacious power; to rape.

Sounds like the Old Firm to me!:| :P

People put far too much time and effort into demonising the OF, which I have said before on here and will say again. Rather than constructive criticism and praise where it's due. For example, here is a lengthy thread with bits copy and pasted (presumably) off another forum and posted here. Why? It has nothing to do with Saints and basically complains about how a lot of Scottish people went somewhere, got guttered and made a bit of a mess. You put 20,000 people in one place and tell me there won't be at least a few people making tits of themselves. Perhaps the booze culture in the UK is the Old Firms fault as well?

People put far too much time and effort into demonising the OF, which I have said before on here and will say again. Rather than constructive criticism and praise where it's due. For example, here is a lengthy thread with bits copy and pasted (presumably) off another forum and posted here. Why? It has nothing to do with Saints and basically complains about how a lot of Scottish people went somewhere, got guttered and made a bit of a mess. You put 20,000 people in one place and tell me there won't be at least a few people making tits of themselves. Perhaps the booze culture in the UK is the Old Firms fault as well?

Anymore of that common sense and you will be a " *** " too.

This is not "Saints Chat" so yes it's likely to be nothing to do with Saints.

Are you suggesting that when say more than 20,000 Spanish (nearer 40,000) fans visit Glasgow for the EUFA Cup Final they will create a mess and piss all over the town with complete arrogance. We allow that here with Rangers and Celtic and is perceived as normal. In fact all European mainland teams come here and there is no trouble because they respect the countries they are visiting. Rangers didn't do that at Villareal, Barcelona, Osasuna Perth to mention a few. You should be able to enjoy visiting other countries and have a drink without turning into a dickhead. One of the problems with British drinking is that is weak in terms of alcoholic strength and there is a tendency to consume quantity and boast so when they go abroad they get pissed easily and take tantrums, child men. Yes that is the "Booze Britain" culture but even when you're pissed you should still know what is right and wrong as we did in Monaco. There is something more sinister with regard to the old firm though and people know that even if they plead ignorant.

They are not just a United/City rivalry there is something more sinister.

What is feckin vile is when you get folk including some of the media that just pass them off as normal and not too different from other teams worldwide. They won't go away but face up to the obvious!

Somebody said that a Rangers fan (claiming to be a Luncarty fan?!?!) shouldn't be posting on a Saints forum, when he was posting on section of the forum thats not about Saints!

But when you compare Scottish football culture to, say, what happens in Italy it puts the argument that rivalry between Celtic/Rangers is something out of control to bed. Mass violence in recent years with ultra fascist Lazio fans and crowd violence. When was the last time a team in Scotland had to play behind closed doors for trouble inside stadia, like Inter Milan a couple of years ago? Or what about the recurrent violence linked to clubs in Greece or Turkey? These are not third world countries, they are members of the EU (Turkey is almost there) and they have violence linked to football that is ten times worse than anything that happens in Scotland right now. Or what about the racist fans in Spain or in the Balkans? Or regular violence in Holland?(althought not as bad as it once was) Yet heres an article about Rangers fans getting on the lash and making a bit of a mess. No arrests, praise from the Barcelona Police Chief and ONE newspaper in Spain has an article complaining about them which everyone takes as gospel. Chuck them out of Europe!

Whilst I am in no way defending the indefensible, the OF and it's less appealing sides needs to be put into perspective. There are no mass casualties every weekend because of football in this country. There are no riots every weekend because of football in this country. There are no games played behind closed doors because of football violence. Why does the UK get singled out on this when the real problems are in mainland Europe?

Somebody said that a Rangers fan (claiming to be a Luncarty fan?!?!) shouldn't be posting on a Saints forum, when he was posting on section of the forum thats not about Saints!

But when you compare Scottish football culture to, say, what happens in Italy it puts the argument that rivalry between Celtic/Rangers is something out of control to bed. Mass violence in recent years with ultra fascist Lazio fans and crowd violence. When was the last time a team in Scotland had to play behind closed doors for trouble inside stadia, like Inter Milan a couple of years ago? Or what about the recurrent violence linked to clubs in Greece or Turkey? These are not third world countries, they are members of the EU (Turkey is almost there) and they have violence linked to football that is ten times worse than anything that happens in Scotland right now. Or what about the racist fans in Spain or in the Balkans? Or regular violence in Holland?(althought not as bad as it once was) Yet heres an article about Rangers fans getting on the lash and making a bit of a mess. No arrests, praise from the Barcelona Police Chief and ONE newspaper in Spain has an article complaining about them which everyone takes as gospel. Chuck them out of Europe!

Whilst I am in no way defending the indefensible, the OF and it's less appealing sides needs to be put into perspective. There are no mass casualties every weekend because of football in this country. There are no riots every weekend because of football in this country. There are no games played behind closed doors because of football violence. Why does the UK get singled out on this when the real problems are in mainland Europe?

Not that I have to prove my " credentials " to you or to anyone else on here for that matter but it would be easier to say how many Luncarty games that I have MISSED this season. That total would be 3 and each one due to Holiday commitments. Games that I HAVE seen, this season, have totalled NINETEEN! the most bizzarre of which was an away friendly to Kinrossie Ams on a foggy wed night under very dim floodlights( a 6-1 victory where you could barely see the goals) but hey , lets not let all these facts get in the way of your growing lynchmob.

I shall retire now to go away and build my gallows.

I accept Italy has a serious problem at the moment internally and their authorities are putting in measures now based on the UK's policies introduced in the 80's. They do travel well abroad normally and EUFA have made both Juventus and Lazio play behind closed doors. There are no riots or mass casualties every week in Italy but when it happens it's like the UK of the 70's an 80's. If you are comparing Scotland with Turkey and the Balkans where their social and eonomic infrastruture is backward and they have serious religious/sectarian violance fair enough but I thought we'd moved on.

However the health service and the police in Scotland both accept that the four old firm games produce the busiest nights of the year in casualty and police cells. It's not just limited to the locality of the game itself it ccould be from Peterhead to Stranraer, and people spilling out of pubs after watching the game live. Then because that political under-current is there they often take it abroad where they are assumed to be normal teams, say like Saints :-) , and all that freedom by foreign police results in many old firm fans acting like complete tits.

Let's not pretend, the 'sweeping it under the carpet' policy has ever worked.

Not that I have to prove my " credentials " to you or to anyone else on here for that matter but it would be easier to say how many Luncarty games that I have MISSED this season. That total would be 3 and each one due to Holiday commitments. Games that I HAVE seen, this season, have totalled NINETEEN! the most bizzarre of which was an away friendly to Kinrossie Ams on a foggy wed night under very dim floodlights( a 6-1 victory where you could barely see the goals) but hey , lets not let all these facts get in the way of your growing lynchmob.

I shall retire now to go away and build my gallows.

I notice you're yet to come on here starting a thread praising Celtic for their result last night. Or talking about any of the other Scottish teams competing in Europe, for that matter. Or does the co-efficient only matter as a point of argument when we're talking about the team you secretly support???:razz:

I notice you're yet to come on here starting a thread praising Celtic for their result last night. Or talking about any of the other Scottish teams competing in Europe, for that matter. Or does the co-efficient only matter as a point of argument when we're talking about the team you secretly support???:razz:

I think your at it mon ami.

Pop along to a Luncarty game some Saturday afternoon and we shall discuss it.

If you dont catch the fixtures in the PA then you can always find them here ....

http://www.ultrasoft.hostinguk.com/ersjfa/default.asp

PS. Best of luck to the 2 Jimmy's XI in Madrid. :lol:

I think your at it mon ami.

Pop along to a Luncarty game some Saturday afternoon and we shall discuss it.

If you dont catch the fixtures in the PA then you can always find them here ....

http://www.ultrasoft.hostinguk.com/ersjfa/default.asp

PS. Best of luck to the 2 Jimmy's XI in Madrid. :lol:

And STILL he manages to avoid expressing his delight about last night's Celtic result!! You should be a politician!

As for popping along to Luncarty on a Saturday afternoon - why on earth would I want to do that when I support the SUPER SAINTS. Luncarty can bog off.

And STILL he manages to avoid expressing his delight about last night's Celtic result!! You should be a politician!

As for popping along to Luncarty on a Saturday afternoon - why on earth would I want to do that when I support the SUPER SAINTS. Luncarty can bog off.

I did not see last nights game due to only having cooncil telly so I really cant comment.

Do you go every single week to see the " SUPER SAINTS" ?

Bog Off? Buy one get one free? :lol:

We are needing some new players right enough.

Pop along and see the MIGHTY ORANJE you might even enjoy it and I may even buy you a pint in the Social Club.:cool:

I did not see last nights game due to only having cooncil telly so I really cant comment.

Sorry, do you need to have watched the game to wish them well or say that you're delighted with the result? I notice you're STILL avoiding doing either.

Do you go every single week to see the " SUPER SAINTS" ?

Not every single week, but I go whenever I can. I can't think of any circumstance under which I would be available on a Saturday but choose to watch Luncarty, or any other Junior team, over the SUPER DOOPER ALLEZ-OOPER SAINTS.

Sorry, do you need to have watched the game to wish them well or say that you're delighted with the result? I notice you're STILL avoiding doing either.

Not every single week, but I go whenever I can. I can't think of any circumstance under which I would be available on a Saturday but choose to watch Luncarty, or any other Junior team, over the SUPER DOOPER ALLEZ-OOPER SAINTS.

So , you are even knocking back the offer of a pint in Luncarty's Premier Nightspot.:shock:

I am feeling all rejected now:(

Can you at least find it in your heart to give us your best wishes for our important game away in deepest darkest Newburgh on Saturday.

ps.

to answer your earlier question, I hope that all BRITISH teams do well in Europe :wink:

to answer your earlier question, I hope that all BRITISH teams do well in Europe :wink:

So don't you consider Celtic to be "British" then? Don't think I'm going to let this one slide!!:razz:

By the way, I have a cousin in Newburgh, so now that you mention it, I hope they hammer Luncarty at the weekend!:wink: I would of course back Luncarty if they qualified for Europe though. Especially if they were drawn to play Rangers or Celtic.

So don't you consider Celtic to be "British" then? Don't think I'm going to let this one slide!!:razz:

By the way, I have a cousin in Newburgh, so now that you mention it, I hope they hammer Luncarty at the weekend!:wink: I would of course back Luncarty if they qualified for Europe though. Especially if they were drawn to play Rangers or Celtic.

Now , where did I say that I did not consider celtc to be British ? :wink:

We beat the durty Fifers 3-1 earlier in the season at the Theatre of Dreams so a repeat result would do me nicely.

Luncarty in Europe??? Looks like you dont need that pint after all , youve had too much already. :lol:

I accept Italy has a serious problem at the moment internally and their authorities are putting in measures now based on the UK's policies introduced in the 80's. They do travel well abroad normally and EUFA have made both Juventus and Lazio play behind closed doors. There are no riots or mass casualties every week in Italy but when it happens it's like the UK of the 70's an 80's. If you are comparing Scotland with Turkey and the Balkans where their social and eonomic infrastruture is backward and they have serious religious/sectarian violance fair enough but I thought we'd moved on.

However the health service and the police in Scotland both accept that the four old firm games produce the busiest nights of the year in casualty and police cells. It's not just limited to the locality of the game itself it ccould be from Peterhead to Stranraer, and people spilling out of pubs after watching the game live. Then because that political under-current is there they often take it abroad where they are assumed to be normal teams, say like Saints :-) , and all that freedom by foreign police results in many old firm fans acting like complete tits.

Let's not pretend, the 'sweeping it under the carpet' policy has ever worked.

But if the likes of Turkey is not that far off getting into the EU (and the Balkans are gradually becoming an emerging tourist destination) and they are allowed to play in European competitions (despite recent events of serious violence and racist abuse of players) then why shouldn't we compare them? As for Italy, they have had trouble with supporters for decades and have never made a serious attempt to sort it out until now. Yet despite the hundreds of serious violent incidents involving teams that compete in Europe, thousands of Rangers fans go overseas and come back with no arrests and no serious incidents of violence and we are supposed to think they are a national disgrace and bring shame to Scotland? There are many reasons to have it in for the Old Firm but the way people pick on the insignificant things gets on my nerves. It's like there were people out there, waiting for the slightest hint of trouble and relishing the opportunity to have a go. Is that what it's become? You know, soon enough we won't be able to sing about 'hating dundee' or calling dundee fans tinks because its offensive. Thats the way it's going. Pettyness and political correctness will rule.

I didn't say you said that. I asked you if that's what you were implying, which is now yet another question you have avoided answering.

Yes or no - do you back Celtic in Europe???

My dearest Simon I have answered in the most Unequivocal terms that I do indeed back ALL British teams in Europe.

England, Wales and Dear old Norn Iron too.